WOW! Another winner by Jan Burke! In this book, fugivtives from the FBI's Ten Most Wanted List begin to turn up dead. The murders are claimed by a vigilante group calling themselves "The Exterminators", but the murders are extremely similar to ones committed 10 years ago... by a man who supposedly is dead.
This book was great! The characters were very intriguing and the plot makes you really think about vigilante justice. Great plot twists as well!
I enjoy Jan Burkes books, always a thriller, always beautifully crafted.
I'm the pickiest reader alive, and I never post a book I didn't like!
Confusing at first...but stick with it the ending is great! It was hard to put this book down.
A homicide detective and his tracking of a serial killer. Well-written and a fascinating murder mystery!
Excellent story of cops and the bad guys.
LAPD homicide detective, Alex Brandon, finds someone is killing off
the FBI's Most Wanted suspects. Vigilante killings echo the work of a serial killer from a decade ago. Keeps you wanting to read into the wee hours of the nite. Very good book. Love Jan Burke books.
I thought this started out good and would be a good mystery/thriller but alas! no way
1. pet peeve---way way too long--525 pages? why?
2. I did like the main character Alex Brandon BUT not many of the other characters
3. storyline gets way off track due to Burke putting a 'background' to each and every character that takes up pages and pages to wade through which is boring and another pet peeve
4. story moves too slow, but again because of all the unnecessary descriptions of every character
5. Burke has to put in 'dreams' by some of the characters of their childhood or some such nonsense
So overall I skipped about 100 pages and didn't miss a thing, read a little and then skipped more pages and still didn't miss a thing---I don't recommend this book at all unless you just want to wade through lots of unnecessary pages.