|Page: Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.|
Part 5-- Outlander
A list of our group so far.....
Last Edited on: 4/7/08 3:01 PM ET - Total times edited: 36
If you have not been getting group PMs from me, please let me know!
Andrea B. (mintyfreshkittn)
Carol G. (Tata)
For this week - Chapters 11-16
ON THE ROAD Chapters 11-16
Here are the discussion questions for Chapters 6 - 10
Castle Leoch Chapters 6-10
Chapter Six - Colum's Hall
1) Why do you think Jamie took the beating for Loaghaire? Did you think it was honorable or
2) Claire seems to have little difficulty "adapting" to castle life in the 18th century. Why do you
Chapter Seven - Davie Beaton's Closet
1) Who do you think hit Jamie on the head with an axe?
2) Why do you think it was so important to Claire to have a "useful" occupation?
Chapter Eight - An Evening's Entertainment
1) Do you think the "folk-tales" that Gwyllyn tells are all based on actual time travel through the
2) Claire teases Jamie about kissing Loaghaire in the alcove. Do you think her teasing is based
3) What impressions did you get about Jamie's parents and background based on what he told
Chapter Nine - The Gathering
1) Why do you think Geillie tells Claire that young Hamish is rumored to be Jamie's son? Who
2) What impressions did you get about Geillie's background?
3) After Jamie and Claire "rescue" the tanner's lad from the pillory, Jamie calls Claire "Mistress
Chapter Ten - The Oath Taking
1) Why do you think Jamie decided not to give Colum his oath? What do you think Claire
2) Why do you think Dougal kissed Claire?
3) When you read that Claire thought she could get back "home" from Ft. William, were you
Last Edited on: 3/14/08 1:33 AM ET - Total times edited: 7
It's a wonderful book. I love to see so many new people interested in it! It has been about 2 1/2 years since I've read Outlander, but that was probably my 6th or 7th time reading it! I always re-read the entire series each time a new book comes out.
Hey Aimee, just wanted to ask you if you would consider keeping a running list of those here, maybe in your OP, who will be joining us, so I can tag my BL as such? :)
Thank you! Holy moly it's a big group!!
Last Edited on: 2/22/08 4:18 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
I didn't plan anything, (read: I put no thought into it LOL). I just glanced at it and figured, with everything else I've got going on right now that I could reasonable do 5 chapters a week, and for some reason, that number stuck.
I am already ahead on chapter 11. Can't stop once I start. =p I will not be able to make it on Wed. at the official time but I will probably post when I get home. I wanted to go ahead and post my schedule...
I can be here anytime on: Fri, Sat, Sun, Tues
I can be her later (like 9EST) on: Mon, Wed, Thurs
I will wait until later to see what happens. I don't think we are going to be able to fit everyone in. It is ok with me to read the comments and post later. I don't think it has to be a "live" thing. Maybe the questions can be posted early in the morning and the discussions can begin at any time after that during the day. Then people who can make the "official meeting" later can come around 7 or 8. Just my thoughts. (=
I'll definitely be at least lurking! I first read Outlander when it first came out, before any of the others had been written, and have been an avid follower of the series ever since. But nobody else I knew was reading it so I didn't get to hear about their thoughts on the way through!
I downloaded the audio recently for a reread and I'm about 3/4 of the way through, so it's pretty fresh in my mind. :D