Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: PP Book Headed Home

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Subject: PP Book Headed Home
Date Posted: 1/23/2019 11:53 AM ET

I ordered a book and since the sender had used the prepaid postage, I've been able to track it.  It was half way to me when it took a turn and is now headed back to the sender.  The sender has already gotten their credit for sending but what if the book doesn't come back to me?  

I't not like a tracking number from the USPS where you can see the tracking history.  

lionrose avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 1/23/2019 12:08 PM ET

Sometimes packages do a loop de loop and still get to the proper destination. Probably happens more than we realize since so much of the sorting system is automated. At least it's still getting scanned so it's accounted for.

BTW, if they did use PBS postage then the order details do have the USPS tracking number on the popup.  You can copy/paste number that to USPS to get more comprehensive (and up-to-date) tracking results.

goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 1/23/2019 12:44 PM ET

Thank you!  I had never noticed the tracking number listed there before.  I input on the USPS site and didn't get anymore info but I did sign up for tracking info on the package. 

rebeccam avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 1/23/2019 3:57 PM ET

A book I sent once was returned to me. It was headed to Maine and got turned around in Virginia. I'm not sure why it was returned to me as it wasn't damaged or anything and was properly addressed. I had to take it to the post office to get it sent back out.

If you don't get the book, it will time out and your credit returned.