Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - The Writers' Forum The Writers' Forum

Topic: Query recommendations .. similar to Guidepost

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
booknookchick avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Query recommendations .. similar to Guidepost
Date Posted: 3/1/2015 12:51 PM ET

I joined a local writer's group after the 1st of the year and two meetings a month are not enough! Having a lot of fun. 

One member wrote a short story (as a writing prompt just for her) and each sentence began with the sequential letter of the alphabet. Sci-fi futuristic .. very creative. 

Anyway, I'm writing life stories. The last one I shared with the group got a yes for publication after I revise one paragraph. Their suggestion was to query Guidepost magazine. 

Anyone have other suggestions for a similar publication? 

adopteesministry avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/7/2015 5:35 PM ET

Hi- I have been to many Christian Writer's Conferences and they suggest a guidebook.  Christian Writer's Market Guide- by Sally Stuart- it is usually published yearly with info on publishing companies, magazine publishers guidelines and info on what they are looking for, specific info, contact info, addresses and all- its wonderful.   You can ask your local public library to order a copy if they are open to suggestions for buying or you can get your librarian to order a copy on Inner Library Loan.  A very helpful guide.

Blessings, Jody M

booknookchick avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/14/2015 11:12 AM ET

Thanks for the suggestion. Waiting for a copy to arrive in interlibrary loan. yes