Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Question about offering WL books on forum

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Question about offering WL books on forum
Date Posted: 7/22/2010 3:20 PM ET

Please forgive my ignorance, LOL, but the thread about asking for a deal on WL books/people posting WL books on the discussion boards has kind of confused me and made me wonder about something...

I have a children's book series that my kids are done with and I considered posting them, but I have already shipped 15 or so books in the past week, plus have a few more waiting to be shipped, and am running out of money for postage.  So I thought maybe I could post in the book bazaar or somewhere and see if one person might want to get all of them - meaning I would be shipping all of them in one package... does that make sense?

There are 4 books, and the problem is that 2 of them are WL books.  Would I be allowed to offer them in the forum that way even though two of them are WL books (and they are postable)?  Or do I have to post them to my shelf, and probably end up with 4 separate packages to ship?

Is there another place on the boards that I would be allowed to post these as a set and still get 4 credits?  If so, where and how would I do it? 

Is this totally wrong since there are some people waiting in line for two of these books? 

LMM avatar
Laura M. (LMM) - ,
Date Posted: 7/22/2010 3:24 PM ET

Depending on the forum rules, go the genre forum (Children's Books) and post in the Deals thread pinned to the top of the forum discussion. Be sure to read the rules first!

Then there is the Book Bazaar Monthly Multiples thread--JULY is the current month. Again, read the instructions before posting.

Last Edited on: 7/22/10 3:27 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
riahekans avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 7/22/2010 3:26 PM ET

Angela - You can post them in the multiples thread in the Book Bazaar (see link below.) Per the rules there, it is completely fine to combine the WL items that you have listed here in this thread with books from your shelf to create your "multiples" package.

***JULY-WISHLISTED MULTIPLES ONLY*** SEE RULES

melanied avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalBook Bazaar Coordinator medal
Date Posted: 7/22/2010 3:31 PM ET

Offering (not asking for) Wish Listed books is ok in approved areas. You could offer them in the Genre Forums if there is a Wish List thread, but shouldn't start your own threads there, the Genre Forums are not the place to advertise and get messy if those posts aren't contained within the specified threads.

In the Bazaar it gets a little trickier because the Wish List Multiples thread says that no non-wished for books should be offered. But as long as you list your books to meet this rule "~ If you have a complete SET of books and some are WL'd and some aren't, you can offer all of these here and offer a deal on them if you wish.  It is perfectly understandable that you'd want to keep the set together!" It would be ok to offer them there. To me that means that you would need to offer them as an all or nothing (or post the non-wishlisted to your shelf and hope people would take them all) I wouldn't bother you if you did something like that. If you wanted to run your post by me or Kathy before posting there, we would let the other one know it was approved.

Setting up your own post may garner a mixed reaction since the rules say you cannot offer postable Wish List books in the Bazaar. If someone is offer a set of books together I never bother them because the overall site rules do say you can offer sets to keep them together.

Last Edited on: 7/22/10 3:34 PM ET - Total times edited: 1