Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Question about ordering multiple books

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Question about ordering multiple books
Date Posted: 10/17/2016 3:52 PM ET

Someone ordered 6 books from me. The requestor has an RC requesting the books be in really good shape. The cover of one of the books has seen better days, so I am unsure if this one book would meet her RC. What I want to do is mail all 6 books but only take credit for 5, thus giving her the 'iffy' book. That way if she is unhappy with it, she isn't out a credit. I am unsure how to go about this. With each book listing is the option "this book does not meet conditions". Do I just click this tab for the one book. I am afraid by doing this, the system might think I am turning down all 6 books and the transaction might disappear. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/17/2016 5:16 PM ET

one thing you could do is click on the requesters name and go to their profile and give them a credit after you ship and they have received the books. you receive 6 credits and then give one back.

rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/17/2016 5:22 PM ET

You could PM the member and mention you will refund the credit on the iffy book. Or you might just ask if the member wants that book for free. Some don't want a book in less than top condition even if it is free.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 10/17/2016 5:29 PM ET

Unfortunately I cannot PM the requestor before I accept the request....I do not have access to their name.

melanied avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalBook Bazaar Coordinator medal
Date Posted: 10/17/2016 6:48 PM ET

Accept the request and then PM the requester on what you are going to do. Explain that you did not want to deny the one book and have it roll to the next person with a copy before talking to them about including your copy for free.

I would ask them to cancel the request for the book that might not meet their RC before printing labels or marking them as mailed. If you send it and refund the credit early, then you might end up giving back a credit you never get if the books don't arrive and they would have to mark a book received and be stuck in the position of whether or not to mark it that it did not meet their RCs. Just tell them if they'd like the copy free, cancel the request and if your copy is not good enough, they can always submit another request after receiving your package.

katewisdom avatar
Date Posted: 10/18/2016 10:21 PM ET

one thing you could do is click on the requesters name and go to their profile and give them a credit after you ship and they have received the books. you receive 6 credits and then give one back.

-edited to clarify that my opinion applies to WL only-

If it's for a WL book and you do this they'll lose their place in line for a copy of the book that would meet their RC so I'd advise against it.

Last Edited on: 10/19/16 11:21 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
thameslink avatar
Friend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 10/19/2016 7:26 AM ET

I'd do as Melanie says, and matter of fact, I do it all the time. Since they are requesting 6 books, the odds are that they are not WL books. I don't routinely use PBS postage but I do when I get a multiple book order such as this one to protect my credits in case the books do go lost. If you use PBS postage you could then return the credit right away since you got it right away.