Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: quick question....

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Subject: quick question....
Date Posted: 8/17/2009 4:59 AM ET
Member Since: 8/16/2009
Posts: 37
Back To Top

I have gotten an email for my first wish list book.... and I have accepted.. it says it is waiting on the other member.... now should I take the other ISBN's for the same title off my wish list? or should I wait until I get comformation or the actual book in my hands? I ask because one of the other titles I am 1 of 1 and I don't want to mess someone else up for the book... would love some advice from some more experienced users of this site..

Date Posted: 8/17/2009 5:21 AM ET
Member Since: 6/29/2007
Posts: 17,048
Back To Top

I always wait until the book is in my hands.  I'm just paranoid that way.  If for some reason another version does come up while I am waiting on book 1, I make a decision at that time.

 

Mary

Date Posted: 8/17/2009 5:23 AM ET
Member Since: 5/14/2009
Posts: 6,852
Back To Top

what Mary said....

Date Posted: 8/17/2009 5:24 AM ET
Member Since: 8/16/2009
Posts: 37
Back To Top

ok awesome.. thanks guys...

Geri (geejay) -
Date Posted: 8/17/2009 5:45 AM ET
Member Since: 9/2/2008
Posts: 9,088
Back To Top

Yep, I'd agree that you want to wait because the first deal might fall through for some reason.  If the other becomes available you can always cancel the request or let it time out.  I hate saying let it time out because it's frustrating to the person who is sitting on the book but have to mention it because it is an option.

Date Posted: 8/17/2009 6:46 AM ET
Member Since: 7/12/2009
Posts: 177
Back To Top

I had this situation happen recently.  I had both the hardcover and softcover versions of a WL book offered to me at just about the same time.  I didn't care which format I got, I just really wanted to read the book and was willing to take the chance that I'd get 2 copies of it.  Since it has others on its WLs, I could repost the extra and just be out the postage.  So I requested both, and sure enough one was rejected because of my RC (non-smoking home).

Date Posted: 8/17/2009 9:19 AM ET
Member Since: 8/23/2007
Posts: 26,510
Back To Top

You can also put your account on hold if you are worried about it.  Just put any other books you are near the top for on autorequest but not the duplicate versions of this one.

Date Posted: 8/17/2009 3:44 PM ET
Member Since: 6/13/2009
Posts: 433
Back To Top

I'm with Marsha on this - I'd prefer to get 2 copies than none.

I've been no1 on the WL for a hard copy of a book for some weeks now, whereas I've been slowly moving up the WL on the paperback version.  If both become available around the same time I'll accept both.  And you never know which will arrive first due to the erratic transit times of  Media Mail (and I live in HI)