Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: RAOK - WISH LIST PAY IT FORWARD - READ THE NEWEST RULE

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 8/14/2018 4:23 PM ET

I received my last book from Susan P thank you!!

sneyers11 avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 8/14/2018 4:28 PM ET

Glad you got them Alice!

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/19/2018 10:10 PM ET

I intend on purchasing a Wish List item for the member directly below this post within 10 days of them posting, if he/she agrees to do the same for the member below their post by acknowledging the following few guidelines (click and paste this blue paragraph within your post):

1) Purchase must meet/exceed PBS standards, thus maintaining the Reciprocal Rule (paraphrasing the Golden Rule): Purchase in the condition you would want to receive (http://www.paperbackswap.com/help/search.php?terms=good+condition).

2) Communication between the Giver and Wisher is a MUST to avoid any misunderstandings.

3) I will do my best to post when my book(s) are received within 48 hours of receipt.

4) Limit One pay it forward per member per calendar month - Bumps (i.e. marking that Wish List books were sent/received) do not count as entries.

5) Do not hesitate to contact Darlene (depper1) via PM concerning the actual thread.

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2018 5:25 AM ET

Happy September everyone 

I intend on purchasing a Wish List item for the member directly below this post within 10 days of them posting, if he/she agrees to do the same for the member below their post by acknowledging the following few guidelines (click and paste this blue paragraph within your post):

1) Purchase must meet/exceed PBS standards, thus maintaining the Reciprocal Rule (paraphrasing the Golden Rule): Purchase in the condition you would want to receive (http://www.paperbackswap.com/help/search.php?terms=good+condition).

2) Communication between the Giver and Wisher is a MUST to avoid any misunderstandings.

3) I will do my best to post when my book(s) are received within 48 hours of receipt.

4) Limit One pay it forward per member per calendar month - Bumps (i.e. marking that Wish List books were sent/received) do not count as entries.

5) Do not hesitate to contact Darlene (depper1) via PM concerning the actual thread.

nyteacher avatar
Standard Member medalGame Moderator medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2018 7:40 AM ET

You were quick Alice- I thought I'd be first. Happy September!

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 9/1/2018 8:13 AM ET

Nicole's books are ordered Order Number: 113-3702321-0774653

She wants to be surprised

AlamoLiz avatar
Book Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: September 2018 RAOK
Date Posted: 9/3/2018 12:09 AM ET

Last Edited on: 9/3/18 12:10 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
nyteacher avatar
Date Posted: 9/3/2018 2:17 PM ET

My books arrived from Alice. She picked:

The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women
Author: Kate Moore

The Mime Order (The Bone Season)
Author: Samantha Shannon

Thanks Alice!

AlamoLiz avatar
Book Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Thank you, Nicole!
Date Posted: 9/12/2018 10:20 AM ET

My children's books from Nicole arrived, and they are brand new books that I can add straight to our school's library shelves! Thank you very much, Nicole!

sneyers11 avatar
Date Posted: 9/17/2018 12:09 PM ET

Posting a bit late in month!  I'll PM Liz

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 9/19/2018 4:01 PM ET

I recevied my first book from Shronda

sneyers11 avatar
Date Posted: 10/1/2018 4:30 PM ET

New month, still waiting from last month for a new player though ...

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/1/2018 5:15 PM ET

I'll post under you,  Susanlaugh

Last Edited on: 10/1/18 5:16 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
nyteacher avatar
Date Posted: 10/1/2018 5:15 PM ET

I'll get us started for October Shronda beat me :)

Last Edited on: 10/1/18 5:16 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
depper1 avatar
Date Posted: 10/1/2018 5:17 PM ET

Happy October everyone, just checking in as I am traveling a lot right now to see my grandma so not payling or reading as much.

Last Edited on: 10/1/18 5:18 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 10/1/2018 6:44 PM ET

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 10/1/2018 6:59 PM ET

Also I recived my Sept 2nd september book from Shronda

nyteacher avatar
Date Posted: 10/1/2018 8:10 PM ET

For Alice:

Amazon Order Number: 114-1137309-5312204

Crimson Angel: A Benjamin January historical mystery (A Benjamin January Mystery)

Amazon Order Number: 114-7170785-0257839

Wolf's Capture (Kodiak Point, Bk 4)

Spindle Fire (Spindle Fire, Bk 1)

Amazon Order Number: 114-7780217-7868233

Betty Crocker Fix with a Mix Desserts World Pub Edition

AlamoLiz avatar
Subject: October 2018 RAOK
Date Posted: 10/2/2018 5:15 PM ET

AZmom875 avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/3/2018 1:25 PM ET

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 10/3/2018 7:36 PM ET

Liz's books were ordered

SEnding Truly Devious 

and Uni the Unicorn

Order Number: 113-1113289-9458610

AlamoLiz avatar
Subject: September 2018 RAOK for Heather
Date Posted: 10/3/2018 9:46 PM ET

Heather's RAOK order includes:

Order Number: 113-4370355-9754626
Beside Still Waters: (Psalm 23 Mysteries) (Volume 4) will be shipped to Heather F by Bee and H Books.

Order Number: 113-6425325-3485001
Cattus Petasatus: The Cat in the Hat in Latin (Latin Edition) will be shipped to Heather F by Goodwillswpa. 

Order Number: 113-7387140-3171414
Angels Alone will be shipped to Heather F by Bahamut Media. 

Order Number: 113-9773772-5662625
I Don't Know What You Know Me From: Confessions of a Co-Star will be shipped to Heather F by greattimebooks. 

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 10/4/2018 12:33 PM ET

I received Wolf's Capture  and Spindle Fire from Nicole

Thank you

Last Edited on: 10/4/18 3:25 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
AlamoLiz avatar
Date Posted: 10/5/2018 7:42 PM ET

I received both of my new books today from Alice J ---

Truly Devious 

and Uni the Unicorn ----

just in time for a long holiday weekend!

Thanks,

Liz

sneyers11 avatar
Date Posted: 10/6/2018 3:49 PM ET

I have received the last of the books from last month from Liz.  Shronda's books have been ordered from Amazon,  ORDER # 112-0980354-0464244

Page: