From the Help Center::
I received a book I didn't request!
If you received a book you didn't request (a title you don't recognize), most likely the sender put the wrong book into the PBS Wrapper with your address on it. If this was a single-book shipment, the book you received may have been requested by another member, who may have gotten your book. It is also possible that the sender reprinted a wrapper she or he used to send you a book in the past, and sent this book to you instead of to its proper requestor. If this is a multiple-book shipment, the sender may have sent you a book intended for another member, or may have mixed up a Box-O-Books shipment.
How to find the sender of the book to sort this out:
- Go to the Books en Route tab in My Account. You can get there by clicking My Account in the toolbar at the top of the site, and then clicking the Books en Route tab (behind the Books to Mail tab).
- Compare the state of origin on the package return address with the state of origin of each book on your Books en Route tab in My Account. The state shows on the right of the transaction, in the "speech bubble" containing your address.
- and sent your book to another requestor, she can offer each of you credit or postage to send the books to one another; the sender can provide the addresses in Personal Messages. When each of you get the correct books, you can mark them received.
- and she still has the book she was supposed to send you, she can offer to send the correct book to you. You are not obligated to send the extra book back to her, but it is a nice thing to do the sender is a new member.
- If she didn't send you this book, check your Transaction Archive, as described below.
- Go to your Transaction Archive, by clicking the link at the top of the My Account page, in the yellow bar.
- Scroll down the list of recent transactions to compare the senders' states of origin with the state of origin on the return address on your package.
- This may be easier to do if you sort your Transaction Archive to show Completed Transactions only, in Descending order.
- she can offer you credit or postage to send the book to the proper requestor. The sender can provide the address in a Personal Message.
- If she didn't, and you are a Boxer, check your Box-O-Books transactions.
- Go to Box-O-Books by clicking Box-O-Books in the dropdown menu under Community in the toolbar at the top of the site.
- There is also the possibility that you ordered a book online (e.g., from Amazon.com), and this was an incorrect shipment.