|Page: Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.|
Welcome to the Random Acts of Kindness thread, also known as the RAOK place. This is where we post things to give away to others, asking NOTHING in return but a thank you. No money or credits are exchanged. We give freely, at our own expense. If you see something you’d like, PM the member with your mailing info. If you are the one mailing, please be sure to put full postage on any packages you send. Members have reported receiving "gifts" with postage due.
Please note that we must abide by PBS rules - NO buying, selling or advertising allowed.
For liability reasons, sorry, but no medications of any kind may be posted in this forum. This includes prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and supplements.
RAOK rules -
RAOK Tips -
Before you post something to give away, check the ***I Wish*** thread --- someone may already be asking for it!
If you mark "taken" by your items that have been asked for, please do so at the beginning of the line and, if possible, put the word TAKEN in another color so it's easily apparent to our members that something is no longer available. This avoids disappointments and keeps you from getting more requests for an item that has already been claimed. Or, just edit your post to delete that item.
If one of us contacts you about changing your post, please understand that we have to follow PBS rules and guidelines. Often we have to ask someone to change or delete a post because of that. New things come up here all the time. If something is not appropriate, we will tell you so, and ask you to change it. Remember that the PBS team does oversee the forums. They edit posts and have been known to suspend accounts. We hate to have that happen to our fellow RAOKers when we can take care of problems ourselves.
RAOK reminders for people requesting something that is offered here:
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me and ask. We are always happy to be of help to members of the RAOK forum, new or old. Thanks for participating in this great part of PBS! Enjoy!
Last Edited on: 9/1/15 12:16 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
TAKEN: *SARAH B-- 2 Huggies codes
*CHERYL M--- 5 Huggies rewards codes
*Marni-- 5 Pampers rewards codes, several car trash bags
*Connie-- item called a 'bookthingy' and coupons
to Yvonne-- calendar pages
*to Linda-- calendar pages
*to Vicky T-- box of prizes for her school's treasure chest store
*to Nancy C-- pocket purse calendar for 2016
*to Jessica L-- kid stickers for her daughter
to Cheryl for her daughter-- used DVD-- Felicty, an American Girl
Last Edited on: 10/9/15 5:35 PM ET - Total times edited: 28
September already! Where does the time go? Here are some items I have to offer this month:
2) Four colorful Balls with Happy Faces on them
5) Handmade bookmark with bright orange flower
6) Two patriotic buttons
Please send me your name and address in a pm if you are interested in one of these listings.
Last Edited on: 9/28/15 5:34 AM ET - Total times edited: 19
used bubble wrap
chives seeds from my garden
multiples of the following coupons:
$.50 Activia 4-pack 6/30/16
$2.25 Glucerna multipack 6/30/16
$3 any size Enfamil Gentlease 1/31/16
$5 Zyrtec 24+ count 12/31/15
$.50 any Fiber One box 2/29/16
Last Edited on: 9/30/15 4:18 PM ET - Total times edited: 6
Here's what I have so far this month:
1. I have one coupon envelope full of various health products and feminine product coupons that came from various magazines and inserts. All have excellent dates on them as well. :)
3. I have 1 new birthday card that came from Hallmark-says inside:"This wishes you the happy things a very happy birthday brings!"
4. I have 1 new sympathy card that shows butterflies and flowers on the front of the card.
5. I have 1 new long blank card that shows a pine grosbeak on the front in a winter scene-came from WWF--sorry I have no envelope for it.
6. I can make 2 people a handmade bookmark-will need to know two color choices and hobbies--I have recieved some horse stickers and can make a cool bookmark for a horse lover or rider if interested.
I will try to add more items later on when time and $$ permits me. Please be patient when requesting...have to make my trips to the post office count since it is on the opposite side of town from where I live. Make sure your address is in your PM. Thanks. :)
Last Edited on: 9/22/15 7:50 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Happy September! Here's what I have to share so far this month:
Last Edited on: 9/3/15 5:53 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
I have packages of stickers. There are 8 sheets per package. They are chocolate truffles...candies? 6 per sheet. I will send out 4 packages this month.
Last Edited on: 9/3/15 7:47 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
Last Edited on: 9/19/15 12:33 AM ET - Total times edited: 4
i have to give away:
some decks of cards with and without jokers
maxine cartoons cut from a cartoon a day type calendar
16 sheets of easter stickers to 4 people 1-_______2-________3-_________4-taken
4 blank 3x5 recipe cards
sheet of stickers that say- from the kitchen of, etc.....
pocket/purse size calendar from the applachian project
a special olympics 2015 supporter magnet
a bunch of fragrance pages torn out of magazines
bigelow green tea
Last Edited on: 9/29/15 6:53 PM ET - Total times edited: 5
I will make one person a bookmark or magnet to the first one that PMs me with a tabby looking cat. :)
Make sure you have your address in your PM...thanks!
Last Edited on: 9/14/15 5:34 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Posted about these two kindle freebies over in the eBook thread, but just in case some of you never visit that area I decided to post them here as well:
See Bride Run! by Charlotte Hughes (wish listed book!)
Wicked: Life and Times of The Wicked Witch of The West by Gregory Maguire
I have 10 mini 2015 calendars (3" x 2 1/4") that I meant to make calendars to include in Xmas cards last year, but didn't get around to. I can send 2 calendars to 5 different people.
In case you're wondering what to do with calendars this small and for this year when most of the year is gone, here are some of my two ideas for the crafters and the sentimental:
1. Cards - you can use a page from the month and circle or put a heart around the date to mark a birthday or anniversary or some other special occasion.
2. Scrapbooking - same as above, use it on a page to mark a special date - birthday, anniversary, milestone for your child (first step, word, day of school, etc), you get the idea. I'm creating some mini scrapbooks for friends for Xmas who've just had babies this year and am putting a month on each page so that they can add their favorite picture for that month on it. New parents rarely have time to think or much less do something like this so it's a great homemade gift idea.
If interested, please PM me with your addie and number of calendars you're interested in.
Last Edited on: 9/16/15 4:42 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
I have crochet patterns to share for snowflakes made out of crochet thread, not yarn. I've collected a variety of snowflake patterns over the years. There are probably some crochet (thread) angels too. If I get a lot of responses, I'll make photocopies and send to all.