Moonlight Con is in full swing, complete with special guest Harry Werksman (writer/executive producer). Here are some tidbits he shared:
- Harry thanked the fans over and over for the support that we have shown the show. He said that in the 12 shows he has worked on, he has never seen this kind of support from the fans.
- The cast are aware of our efforts and are very appreciative.
- Talks for season 2 are ongoing. Harry also said that there is no Moonlight without Alex, so Alex will be involved in whatever additional Moonlight we get.
- Plan C is a possible Moonlight movie, but Harry says it’s not time for Plan C yet.
- Look for Moonlight season 1 to be released on DVD sometime in September. Alex O’Loughlin is set to do commentary on at least some of the episodes; other extras have not yet been decided.
- A soundtrack of music from the first season is also “in the works”.
- If Moonlight is picked up by the Sci-Fi Channel (note: this is NOT an official declaration that the show has or will be picked up by Sci-Fi), then the show will have to do a “vampire relocation” story so production can move to New York City. See below for information on contacting Sci-Fi.
Some other news:
- The sets have been dismantled and put into storage, but the crew kindly left Mick’s and Beth’s apartments for last so the convention-goers could tour them during their Warner Bros. lot tour. Read all about that here.
- UPDATED 05.24.08: We got another press shout out from the Star-Telegram (Texas):
Ghost Whisperer: Well, this isn’t good: CBS originally had a repeat of Moonlight here, but has made a schedule change, airing a Ghost Whisperer repeat instead (another GW repeat airs in the show’s usual 7 p.m. slot). Moonlight has been canceled, but you can’t keep a good vampire down, and the show’s fans hope to resurrect it on another network. If you want to get in on that action, go to Moonlight Line, forums.moonlightline.com.
And, finally, it’s time to really target the Sci-Fi Channel, folks. How awesome would it be for them to get to the office after the long weekend and find hundreds thousands of postcards from Moonlighters waiting for them? Here’s the address:
SCI FI Channel
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112
UPDATED 05.24.08: You can also email Sci-Fi at firstname.lastname@example.org with your support for Moonlight on their channel. We strongly encourage that you email in addition to sending postcards for maximum impact.