"All our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike--and yet it is the most precious thing we have."
"Enough research will tend to support your theory."
--Murphy's Law of Research
This is just a sample of the wit and wisdom to be found in Science Says, a wonderfully entertaining and useful collection of science quotations. Ranging from brief insights to longer, though-provoking quotes, the passages in this handy volume encompass the best that has been written and said about science from ancient times to today.
Organized thematically, Science Says offers a variety of topics, including:
* Science, Spirit, and Religion
* Chaos and Order
* Where Did We Come From and Where Are We Headed?
* Imagination, Intuition, Curiosity, and Creativity
* Good and Evil, Life and Death
* Science and Society
* Ambition, Success, and Failure
* The Science of Mathematics, the Mathematics of Science
For the scientist and non-scientist alike, Science Says is an inspiring, provocative, sometimes comforting, often beguiling, and frequently amusing offering of bon mots from the world of science.