Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: To send or not to send

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: To send or not to send
Date Posted: 9/2/2018 9:07 AM ET

I have a requester on a wish list book I posted who says she tried to order 2 other books from my shelf and the orders kept going to other people. I understand why this was happening because I've had my account on hold the last 3 days. I PM'd her yesterday telling her the account was off hold and she could order the other books now. I've had no response and the request is going to cancel if I don't mark mailed today. Should I go ahead and just send the one book or just let the request time out?

soelo avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/2/2018 11:37 AM ET

I would mail it today unless you know for sure that yours is the only copy. If you do, then I’d take the chance by cancelling and PM her that you will post it again when she is ready to order all 3. Don’t let it time out either way.

classicana avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Coordinator medalBook Data Coordinator medal
Date Posted: 9/2/2018 11:50 AM ET

Wow - that's not really something that anyone else could answer for you. Did she say whether she cancelled the requests that went to other members?

Personally, I'd go ahead and send the one she requested -- she didn't ask you to cancel it.  If she later requests other books, then yeah, it will mean more postage, but your basic expectation when posting is one book/one credit, and you don't have an unhappy member at the other end of the transaction.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/2/2018 11:55 AM ET

since the post office is closed today and tomorrow can't you wait until Tuesday to do anything?

soelo avatar
Date Posted: 9/3/2018 10:22 AM ET

Transactions still cancel on Sundays and Holidays as normal.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/3/2018 3:34 PM ET

So I think she is totally confused. She canceled her original order and ordered the other two books she wanted instead. But still apparently expects me to send all 3 of them. Sometimes I wish PBS had a block this member feature like Poshmark does.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/3/2018 8:01 PM ET

So she cancelled the WL book?  Have her put it back on her WL then go and post your book directly to her WL and then you can mail all three together. 

rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/4/2018 6:05 PM ET

I wish PBS had a block this member feature  yes

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/5/2018 6:33 PM ET

How about just cancelling all and pm the requester to friend you the 3 credits an just send it. 

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 9/7/2018 5:52 PM ET

yep, that's what I'd do too.