Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Cooking Cooking

Topic: Slow Cooker Cookbook

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
craftnut avatar
PBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 2/21/2014 5:55 PM ET

Digging the crock pot out for a meal Saturday.  We plan to go hiking as the temp will be in the 60s!  Heaven in the mountains!  So, defrosting a pork roast today, will load up the crock pot with onions and garlic, lay the roast on top and let 'er go while we are gone all day.  Will come home tired, and dinner will be ready!  Now, the question - spices and herbs or barbeque sauce?

ETA - couldn't believe this, as soon as I posted this I went to check my email.  There, in the in-box was the answer from one of my favorite blogs called I Breathe I'm Hungry - slow cooker pork!!

Last Edited on: 2/21/14 6:15 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
mepom avatar
Mary (mepom) -
Date Posted: 2/21/2014 11:23 PM ET

Hey Carole, 

So happy you revived this forum. It reminded me of some recipes that I want to try. 

Love to try new recipes,

M

craftnut avatar
PBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 2/22/2014 7:49 PM ET

Me too, share!!

The slow cooker pork was scrumptious! 

I think I'll get out the ol' Crockery Cookery book we were cooking from before and see what I can do with turkey.

tkhooper avatar
Date Posted: 3/12/2014 10:13 AM ET

Mine is actually the electric roaster but I use it just like a crock pot.  It's just the larger size and has the removable insert for cleaning which I love.

hsteacher avatar
Date Posted: 6/6/2014 12:54 PM ET

I've found the book 12 Hour Slow Cooker Recipes to be helpful.

With my work schedule, I'm typically away from home 10-12 hours.  The last thing I want to do once home is cook dinner, but not every slow cooker recipe can handle cooking this long.

Page: