It means that the address does not match the USPS data base. Could be as simple as "Road" is abbreviated as "Rd" in their database. But without the verification, the bar code on the DC wont match exactly what the PO considers the address. Here is the Help Doc, which offers much better info and some solutions:
I can't use PBS-DC for this address? Why not?
If you have chosen to add PBS Delivery Confirmation to your wrapper, but you get a message when you try to print, telling you that "Delivery Confirmation cannot be used for this address," that means that the requestor's address is not on the list of USPS-validated addresses.
- An address must be on the USPS-validated list (which is very finicky about spelling and abbreviations) in order to direct a package to it with Delivery Confirmation. The & and # signs are not permitted in USPS validated addresses.
- If this happens, you will not be able to use PBS-DC to send this package.
- If you like, you can notify the requestor by Personal Message that her address is not USPS-validated; she can visit this site to test her address, and try to figure out if it is simply a matter of using a different abbreviation (even something as small as a misplaced hyphen can make a valid address register as invalid for USPS).
- Even if the requestor changes her address to a valid address, if you have already downloaded the address file to send this book, you will not be able to change the address for the transaction now.
- If you do not want to send this book without using DC: you can cancel the transaction by clicking "Cancel Order", then repost the book
- If there are other copies of the book in the system when you cancel, the requestor's request will be passed along to a new sender, and she will get the book from someone else.
- In this case, when you repost it, your book will need to wait for a new requestor.
- If there are NO other copies of this book in the system when you cancel, your book will be offered to the previous requestor again when you repost it.
- IF the requestor has changed her address to the validated form before you repost, you will now be able to send the book with PBS-DC to that requestor.