Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: Sticker Train 12: Sarah to Cheryl: Completed!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Sticker Train 12: Sarah to Cheryl: Completed!
Date Posted: 1/19/2017 12:24 PM ET

Hello everyone, this will eventually become the home for Sticker Train 12 which will be started by Sarah and headed to Jennifer in TX. If we do chose to try two trains at one time, I would make a separate Train 13 thread.

Right now, please sign up if you would like to come aboard Sticker Train 12 (that may divide into two trains). I am still praying about that. It would be helpful to me to first know how many passengers we would have. This last train we had 12, so that'd be an easy 6 and 6 split. If only 6 people signed up for Train 12 for example, I'd prefer to keep it one train for now type thing.

I also ask that when you sign up to ride, you vote simply one train or two. If it does not matter, than lol, say either :) I would like a clear view of that.

Thank you! God Bless You always :)

Last Edited on: 3/17/17 11:57 AM ET - Total times edited: 8
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 1/19/2017 3:01 PM ET

I'm in - either choice is fine.
I would like any remaining stickers from the mystery gift bags I created back in my hands though.  Thanks!

Last Edited on: 1/19/17 6:35 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
luvmy5kidlets avatar
Date Posted: 1/20/2017 10:06 AM ET

Please save me a seat on the train!  smiley

Thanks!

Jennifer (luvmy5kidlets)

tommygirl avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 1/20/2017 1:50 PM ET

Hi Mona - I am getting a ticket for Train #12.

I would prefer 1 train.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/20/2017 6:04 PM ET

Thanks everyone so far. Let's see who else posts over the weekend and will go from there :)

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/23/2017 1:11 PM ET

'Morning all! I posted this in another sticker thread but lol it really belongs here so here's an update to the Train 12 and possibly also 13 passenger list

We are at 10:) Sarah, Jennifer, Cheryl, Sophia, Jeanne, Lisa, Kim, Renee,Me and a welcome to new rider Melissa B. Waiting to get confirmation from current riders Sara and Jacqueline. Of course, anyone new who wishes to hop aboard is most very welcome, please PM me your mailing info within the next few days.

sophiab avatar
Date Posted: 1/29/2017 7:55 PM ET

Ignore prior post! I WILL Lord Willing be participating in the sticker train.

Last Edited on: 1/29/17 8:16 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/29/2017 10:31 PM ET

Hi everyone, welcome to the Sticker Train 12 thread. The time has come to try two trains at the same time, there is a separate Train 13 thread. Please try to keep posts for each train in their own thread. Lol,. I just had to go back and edit because I posted in the wrong thread. I am editing this Monday night. We have 14 total passengers, so 7 friends aboard each train. I am happy to say all 12 riders from Train 11 are back. Please join me in welcoming two newcomers Melissa and Gina.

This train 12, will be started by Sarah in OH (thank you, Sarah :) for our friend Cheryl in Northern, CA. This train will have aboard a Last Call Envelope Train 11 with again up to 10 sheets of stickers inside it. Please do keep that cargo separate from what you add to Train 12. I do kindly and respectfully ask that in order to limit postage and (IMO) extend greater fun and also inclusion, that total cargo is never more than 40 sheets. 10 last call, 30 new to this train 12. I did go to the PO (before the change in price) and 40 sticker sheets + one card did go envelope rate for $1.99. Even with higher fees now, it should still be under $3.

Saturday night, I printed out a Train 11 passenger list. I literally cut out all 12 of our names and addresses. I made two columns one starting with Sarah and ending with Cheryl and the other starting with Me and ending with Jennifer. I tried so hard to look back on order for Train 11 so the same East Coast friends would not immediately be the ones getting the new trains. I also today, added one newcomer to each train so we can better welcome and help them out :)

Sticker Train 12: Sarah (OH), Lisa (PA), Sara (MI), Renee (NY), Gina (NC), Jeanne (FL) and Cheryl (CA)

Sarah, I did PM you, please reply when you are able, thank you. I do have the Train 12 passenger list ready to send you. Let me know if email or PM would be easier. I would appreciate your printing out and putting aboard Train 12 when it starts. Extra thanks!

To everyone: Card Note to come after I talk with Sarah :)

Thanks everyone and God Bless You!

Last Edited on: 1/30/17 9:14 PM ET - Total times edited: 6
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/31/2017 7:38 PM ET

Our trains are official now. :) A big thanks to Sarah for all her help.

Here is my card note. I talked with Sarah and she kindly agreed to help ensure both Cheryl and Jennifer get greetings from all of us. That was, as I have said before, my main reason for raring for one train (so the recipient would have a card signed by everyone. Now that still will happen just in a different way). Will everyone aboard this train 12, so that means: Sarah, Lisa, Sara, Renee, Gina, Jeanne and Cheryl please PM me a greeting for Jennifer by this Sunday, February 5th. I will compile all your messages and print them out to include inside the card I start for Jennifer. This way when Jennifer receives her train, she will still get a cheery hello from 13 friends :)  If you have a font color preference, let me know and I will make your words that color. To make it less confusing for me, please write "For Jennifer" in the subject of your PM's.

Both trains should set off early next week. We will post when they do :) Thanks everyone. God Bless You.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 2/2/2017 4:48 PM ET

Interested in both trains if that doesn't mess up your planning.  If it does, just put me on whatever works for you

goldenbird avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/2/2017 6:40 PM ET

Nm

Last Edited on: 2/2/17 6:42 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/3/2017 10:04 PM ET

LOL, Cheryl, and a hug, you are the second person who wanted to be on both :D Let's try two once as is and see how that goes first, okay?

Reminder to all: Please, if you have not already, by Sunday send me a message for Jennifer. Also, include in your PM, font color preference if you have one. Thanks so much :)

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/12/2017 11:16 AM ET

Hi all Train 12 riders. Our friend Sarah asked me to share that she will mail this train out tomorrow (Monday). She's been so busy at work, extra hug Sarah. Her apologies for the delay (no need, Sarah :)

tommygirl avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 2/16/2017 8:53 AM ET

Good morning, Everyone! The train arrived to me yesterday. I have selected a few favorites - butterflies and stars - and added several sheets to the package. It will be sent out today heading to Sara in Michigan. Be on the look-out, Sara.

Last Edited on: 2/16/17 8:53 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/16/2017 10:59 AM ET

Good Morning back Lisa :) Thank you for a spring-y sticker report, that is great. Thanks also for mailing out so fast. Wishing everyone on board a Happy Thursday :)

Last Edited on: 2/16/17 11:38 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
hakk avatar
Sarah H. (hakk) - ,
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/17/2017 3:23 AM ET

sorry mona for not getting a chance to update with the send off and tracking number! but im glad lisa received it!!

i hope everyone is doing well... we are extremely busy at the hospital... for the last few MONTHS! i cannot wait for a small break where its not so mad! 

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/17/2017 6:07 PM ET

Sarah, hug, no need to be sorry! Prayers you do enjoy some downtime soon. Thanks for making a difference to so many at the hospital and to all of us on here, too :)

cowgirlreader avatar
Date Posted: 2/21/2017 8:46 PM ET

I got the train today! :) I picked out some hearts, animals and some little puffy people. I added a sheet of Avengers, puppies, sharks and sparkley butterflies. I also added a Bell's Brewery sticker and a sugar skull sticker. I'll send it off tomorrow and update with a tracking # :) 

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/21/2017 11:06 PM ET

Hooray for a train arrival :) Aww to the puppy stickers :) Thanks, Sara!

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/1/2017 1:37 PM ET

Just doing a train 12 check to see where it's at this sunny March day :)

libbylee1 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/1/2017 7:37 PM ET

I am assuming that the train was already sent to me.  I had been out of town for a week and my neighbor was collecting my mail.  I have returned, but now he is out of town and I am collecting HIS mail :)  We were supposed to cross paths, but I returned a day late.  He is due back today, so we will probably swap mail tomorrow.  I will let you know when it arrives in my hands!

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/2/2017 12:11 AM ET

I hope you (and your neighbor :) had wonderful vacations, Renee! Noice of you to swap mail checking for each other. Thanks for letting us know. :)

libbylee1 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/3/2017 10:39 PM ET

My last minute planned vacation was good but exhausting.  I need a vacation to recuperate from my vacation :)  Swapped mail with neighbor!  Sticker train was there.  Took some, added some.  This train has empty bags in it that are being returned to Cheryl, so I did not stuff the train with puffy stickers, like I did last time, as I am being careful with the weight.  Train was mailed to Gina G. late this afternoon:  DC 9500 1153 9591 7062 0556 78.

Last Edited on: 3/3/17 10:40 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
catsrus59 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/4/2017 12:37 AM ET

Thanks Renee,will be looking out for it.I will post when I get it.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/4/2017 6:26 PM ET

Thanks, Renee! Hug, I don't travel too much anymore but do remember needign a vacation from a vacation! So happy you enjoyed your trip.

Gina, listen for the train's whistle :)

Last Edited on: 3/4/17 10:08 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Page: