Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: Sticker Train 13 for Jennifer is Finished!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/18/2017 1:35 PM ET

Kim has this sticker train :) Kimmy, it'll be coming to you soon. Jennifer, you will be next :)

I'm editing this for clarity, I hope :) I have PM-ed with some of you about what happens next with our Sticker Trains. Train 13, btw, has two last stops to complete. Depending what is decided, we might want to wait to start a new train(s) until that one is finished.

Train thoughts :) I would love to go back to one train. I know some of you would, too. It sounds like other passengers would like to try a “stuff the sticker train” type of exchange. By that, I mean there would be no set limit on either sticker cargo or the postage that type of growth might incur. Now, all of you know, I love stickers :D It would be great fun to receive a bursting package of sticker-y cheer. That said, should enough of you wish to try a huge train, I would ask someone else to step up and run it. I will still run the smaller train. A huge train, to me, as I type this right now, puts some extra focus on cost both in packaging and in contents. I would prefer to keep the process simpler, smaller, and yes, cheaper, too.

I pray to have made clear all these train years that I thank God for using these trains to help grow our friendships as we get to share stickers, spread smiles, and just have fun, get to know one another better. These trains are not ever intended to be about me but for all of you aboard both current and new :) It is completely fine with me should one of you want to head up a huge train. I will look forward to hearing about the stickers. I might need to come visit one of your riders to in person see the spread of cargo :D

Please post what your preference would be moving forward (and of course, it can change next time :) Regular one train (with possibly some additions) or stuff the train. Let's see how many people would want to ride on what train and that will make it easier to plan. There would be TWO trains like this time, just one would be small with some limits and the other sticker away! :)

Thanks everyone and have a Blessed Weekend. P.S, I will be offline most of this afternoon until tomorrow afternoon so if I am not posting replying to your PM that is why. P.S.S. I will go post this in the other train thread, too.

Last Edited on: 3/21/17 8:26 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
goldenbird avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/18/2017 9:09 PM ET

I would prefer 1 train, wouldn't have to be stuffed (I would be happy with postage between $1-$4) just larger then a greeting card envelope.

MelissaLB avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/18/2017 10:56 PM ET

I've only been on one train and would love to be a part of it again. I'm happy with either one or two trains and will partipate either way.  I was surprised the train only had 7 sheets of stickers when I got it but figured it was because the train was starting from scratch. And I got a cool sheet of rainbow stickers!  I love stickers!   Looking forward to riding the next train. ;)

amistad avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/19/2017 9:11 AM ET

Still hoping for a spot on your next train if you can build tracks through Missouri!  Short train....long train....either would be fine....I can swing up to $5 in postage....I understand those ticket prices are climbing! ;) But a smaller cheaper train is cool too....more money to spend on stickers.

Last Edited on: 3/19/17 9:11 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/19/2017 9:45 PM ET

Jacquleine, thanks for your vote :) I agree!

Melissa, this train did start from scratch and that's why it was smaller. So glad you did come along.

Amy, you are most welcome! LOL. Thank you for the smile. I just don't want ticket prices to be steep. To me, that takes away from the fun and all being welcome. I also think we can easily have 50 or even go up to 60 sheets total and still be under $4. I did before the PO raised prices, bring a card, 50 sheets of stickers inside a small manila envelope. That would have cost $1.99 envelope rate for me to send across the country to Kimmy in VA. The thing is to try and stick to envelope rate as opposed to package as that where cost quickly climbs. I think even if we added 10 more sheets to allow the current trains cargo to grow to 50 (with up to 10 sheets in a last call envelope) that is a ton of variety.

I have PM-ed those of you I would appreciate when your birthday is. I have the rest :) I will post more about that soon.

Thanks!

Last Edited on: 3/21/17 8:27 PM ET - Total times edited: 4
kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 3/22/2017 5:00 PM ET

The train just arrived today! Ill be sending out to the last stop in Texas on Friday.

kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 3/22/2017 5:28 PM ET

I added lots of new stickers. I bought a bunch at Rite Aid, some Id never seen before. Jennifer is gonna love the train, I hope so anyway!

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/22/2017 8:24 PM ET

Awesome! Thank you Kimmy so much :) Listen up, Jennifer :)

kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 3/26/2017 1:06 PM ET

Was shipped on Friday in a medium envelope. No tracking since its an evelope. Loaded...

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/28/2017 11:58 PM ET

Train 13 has completed :) So happy you enjoyed your card and train, Jennifer :)

Page: