Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Strange PO Routing

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
rxtheresa avatar
Subject: Strange PO Routing
Date Posted: 3/20/2017 7:54 PM ET

I sent an audiobook on March 4th to a destination within 15 miles of my house in GA.  The swapper hasn't received it and this is all the DC shows:

I should have driven it over to her house!!!   Any suggestions?

Shipment Activity

Location Date & Time With Partner

In Transit to Destination   March 7, 2017 7:42 pm  
Arrived at USPS Origin Facility MEMPHIS, TN 38136 March 6, 2017 7:42 pm  
Departed Post Office PINE LAKE, GA 30072 March 4, 2017 12:37 pm  
Acceptance PINE LAKE, GA 30072 March 4, 2017 12:10 pm  
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item   March 4, 2017  

eclecticfirefly avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 3/20/2017 9:00 PM ET

Theresa - Memphis is probably the main sorting center for your area.  I work at the PO in Austin.  There is a new service the PO is really emphasizing (at least here they are!)  Try this:

Go to USPS.com.  On the right side near the top is the Help button.  If you hover your cursor there a drop down menu comes up.  Click on Find My Missing Mail.  Follow the instructions.  At our station the supervisors are really working on these.  

rxtheresa avatar
Date Posted: 3/20/2017 9:17 PM ET

Thanks Cindy!  Usually things here go through Atlanta which is where this book was going.  I'm going to try the missing mail.

Last Edited on: 3/20/17 9:18 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
rxtheresa avatar
Date Posted: 3/20/2017 9:49 PM ET

Cindy, I've tried 3 times, have checked and everything is complete on the form, it says no errors but when I submit I keep getting this message:

Failed to post new searchForm - Attempt to post new searchForm failed

sarap avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/21/2017 1:47 AM ET

Try a different browser to submit the form. There is probably nothing wrong with how you are filling out the form ... the issue is likely to be on the usps server side. But different browsers can act differently, sometimes there can be an issue with one browser but not another.

rxtheresa avatar
Date Posted: 3/21/2017 5:22 PM ET

I was able to submit it today using another browser, thank you.  I'll let you know if they find it.

Alameda avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Diamond medal
Date Posted: 3/23/2017 9:36 AM ET

Theresa, 

These things happen - I sent a book to MD - it got there 2 weeks later after going to Jacksonville FL - back to NC, then to San Diego CA - then back to NC - before finially arriving in MD (it was 1st class).

I sent a PM to the member who ordered the book - seems she worked at an Embassy in Europe and the address I sent it to was a drop box for her mail to be p/u and sent to her by the State Dept folks - she never got her mail until a month later anyway, so for her it was Ok. I also use Printable Postage so I already had the crediyt - but still cross country was a little out of the way. This has happened more than once, but not too often.

rxtheresa avatar
Date Posted: 3/30/2017 11:07 PM ET

Just a followup.  The PO apparently hasn't found the book yet and it went missing.  PBSer was very understanding.