|Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.|
I am currently reading the Vampire Academy series and I am really enjoying it. I have also read the Twilight series but I'm wondering whats another good series or book that would be good to go on to? Thanks!
Are you wanting Young Adult books only? And do you just want paranormal or only Vampires?
If you want YA but don't care it its vampires try Cassandra Clare's Mortal Insturments series.
If you want adult ones and you haven't picked up the Hollows Series by Kim Harrison yet thats a really good one.
There's also the House of Night series by PC and Kristin Cast. I gotta say though that they need to wrapping it up soon. The series started out really good but seems to be dragging now. Book 10 was just released last week.
A few more YA, non-vampire:
Kim Harrison has A YA trilogy, too, the Madison Avery series. It starts with Once Dead, Twice Shy.
Tera Lynn childs has a mermaid trilogy, starting with Forgive My Fins.
I've also heard great things (but haven't read them myself) about Sophie Jordan's Firelight series (dragons).
Votes for Morganville Vampires and Mortal Instruments, too. And The Hollows, if you're including adult.
Here is my list of recommendations for series to start following The Vampire Academy Series (Aside from Bloodlines and Golden Lily, Richelle Mead's new series):
1. Bluebloods Series by Melissa de la Cruz
2. Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
3. Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter (I am not sure the name of the series)
4. Graceling, Fire, and Bitterblue by Kristen Cashore
5. The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series by Maggie Stiefvater (starting with Shiver)
6. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
7. Evernight by Claudia Gray
8. Glimmerglass ( Faeriewalker Series) by Jenna Black
9. Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber
and if you need more I will contribute more but I figured that was a great start. Just let me know.
I second most of those, especially Cassandra Clare, Rachel Caine Jenna Black and Kristen Cashore (although that is regular fantasy, not paranormal set in a version of our world)
Some other good YA (although none of these are vampire, or not primarily):
The first three are set at boarding schools, incidentally (or at least start there), the last two aren't.
These are all YA paranormal series:
1. Lili St. Crowe's Strange Angels series - this is one of my all-time favorites - I keep promoting it in every forum I post in!
2. P.C. Cast's House of Night series.
3. Rachel Hawkins' Hex Hall series.
4. Yvonne Woon's Beautiful Dead series.
5. Jana Oliver's Demon Hunters series.
6. J.J. Bonds' Crossroads Academy series.
7. Maddy Edwards' Paranormal Public series.
7. Chelsea Bellingeri's New England Witch Chronicles.
Last Edited on: 1/19/13 5:44 PM ET - Total times edited: 3