Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: Summertime Postcard Swap---For June: Match's Posted

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 6/20/2017 12:42 PM ET

Vicky - I feel the same way about the city I live in.   There are some good pople who lives here.  We have a beautiful city to enjoy but only the bad get on the news.  

kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 6/21/2017 12:03 AM ET

Thank you to Towana D for the great post card from Conneticut!!! LOVE IT!

LarkspurJane avatar
Date Posted: 6/21/2017 12:33 AM ET

Last Edited on: 8/16/17 3:10 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/21/2017 12:09 PM ET

I got a pretty postcard from Towana yesterday. Thank you! :)

rissycloud avatar
Member of the Month medal
Date Posted: 6/21/2017 5:58 PM ET

Towana! You surprised me with a postcard! Yay! Thank you so much!

It is of the Heublein Tower in CT which I had never heard of until now and it is so great to learn more about it. I am so glad you had a great time and I thank you so much for sharing part of your journey with me! Looks beautiful!

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 6/22/2017 9:26 AM ET

Thank you Towana for the beautiful postcard. 

rissycloud avatar
Date Posted: 6/22/2017 7:26 PM ET

I received two wonderful postcards today!  Thank you so much!

Connie B. (conniej76sent me a most beautiful Balloon card from her town! Connie this is such a lovely card.. I love seeing all the balloons light up at night. I have never heard of balloons racing before but it sounds like a lot of fun and I am so glad you get to see them! What a fun thing to have nearby to you! Thank you so much!

Amy T. (amistadsent me Manatees!! This is such a gorgeous underwater card. I would just love to visit them and watch them eat lettuce. I would spend the entire day with them :-)  And I would of course want to feed them the lettuce! Thank you for sending me some friends to look at, these creatures make me smile.

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 6/22/2017 9:12 PM ET

Is there anyone who is participating in the postcard exchange that is into history?  If so, send me a PM telling me that you like history.  Thanks, Vicky

candy14 avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 6/25/2017 1:50 PM ET

Thank you to all who sent postcards:  Towana, Katherine, Vicky (two postcards!), and my swap partner Sandi, who sent an envelope full of postcards for my enjoyment.

Katherine and Vicky, my dad's family is from Virginia and West Virginia so I have always loved and felt a kinship with those states.  They are so incredibly beautiful!  I actually got to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway two years ago, and it was a thrill to do so.

Towana, I have never been to Connecticut, but hope to go someday.  And I have been to Chicago many times!  smiley

Sandi, I especially loved the smiley face postcard and the postcard of Ventura.  I've never been there, but have been to Los Angeles and Palm Springs.  My ex-husband lives in Cathedral City!  Your postcard is in the mail to you.

I know I am really late with my thank yous, and I apologize.  It has been so crazy here...  Thank you all for being so patient with me, and for being such great people.  It is always such a pleasure to pop into PBS, even if I can only stay for a few minutes!

conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/27/2017 3:14 PM ET

Thank you to Vicky t for your new postcard! :) I love fall scenic pictures so I would enjoy going there for sure.

Thank you to Diane for your cool postcard of times square in ny. I was so glad to hear from you.:)

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 6/27/2017 9:09 PM ET

Thank You Michelle S. for the postcard from PA.  

Thank You Vicky for another postcard from WV.  

rissycloud avatar
Date Posted: 6/28/2017 1:23 PM ET

Thank you catsandroses Karen for the wonderful Northwest Washington postcard! It was such a surprise and I love seeing where you are from! I love the older stamps you put on the card and I just smiled so big when you mentioned seeing an Orca Whale when you were at a local beach. That must have been incredible! Thank you so much!

Thank you Diane R. (salliebearfor the absolutely gorgeous Bronx Zoo Mandrill card! What a beautiful animal! I just love looking at him. Thank you so much for picking this one out for me. I would love love love to visit the wildlife conservation society someday.  Animals are such a great joy for me. How neat that you visit my area every couple of years! Thank you so much!

And thanks to Vicky T. (vickytfor another wonderful West Virginia postcard! What a beautiful Mill! I love all the foilage and the fall colors. Thank you so much for sharing all about your state with me and everyone doing the exchange.  Thank you!

Last Edited on: 6/28/17 1:24 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 6/29/2017 5:42 PM ET

Got another beautiful card from Vicky-- I gotta get to WV for those fall colors!

conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/30/2017 8:43 PM ET

Thank you to Vicky t for a awesome history postcard!

Page: