Anthology of military sci fi.
Science has elevated war to a hi-tech killing art. The armaments and countermeasures of today's war toys are childlike compared to what a violent future holds in store for batlefields across the galaxy. At the vanguard of tomorrow's armies are tanks. Powerful and deadly behemoths, armed from tread to turret, crushing everything in their paths as they thunder into battle across alien worlds.
Authors include David Drake, Keith Laumer, Walter Miller, Gene Wolfe, Roger Zelazny et al.
* 1 Introduction (Supertanks) (1987) essay by Joe Haldeman
* 5 The HORARS of War (1970) shortstory by Gene Wolfe
* 23 I Made You (1954) shortstory by Walter M. Miller, Jr.
* 35 Encounter (1979) novelette by Stephen Leigh
* 55 The Computer Cried Charge! (1976) shortstory by George R. R. Martin
* 69 Hangman [Hammer's Slammers] (1979) novella by David Drake
* 125 Field Test [Bolo] (1976) shortstory by Keith Laumer
* 149 An Empty Gift (1983) shortstory by Steve Benson
* 161 Tank (1979) shortstory by Francis E. Izzo
* 167 The Tank and Its Wife (1978) shortstory by Arsen Darnay
* 177 Damnation Alley (1967) novella by Roger Zelazny