Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Tag use?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: Tag use?
Date Posted: 7/5/2023 11:07 AM ET

Issues with adding tags -- 

-- can we not use more than ten tags?  I know I used to be able to add 12 or 14 per book.  
-- some tags not allowed?  I tried multiple times to add ' US Marshall Service'  as the first tag. Then later tried to add ' drug use'. Neither of these will 'save'. 

Last Edited on: 3/2/24 10:53 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Pat O. (PatinCO) - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Diamond medal
Date Posted: 7/7/2023 11:42 PM ET

I had 312 tags and just added another one a few minutes ago making it 313, with no probems.

Patouie avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Coordinator medalBook Data Approver medalTour Guide Asst. Coord. medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 7/13/2023 4:09 AM ET

I've found certain words or letter combinations won't go through. I played with your tag, and found  I could add "Marshall Service"  (British spelling) "Marshal Service" (American spelling) and "United States Marshal Service" / "United States Marshall Service", if that helps.

"Drug abuse" works, but not "Drug use".

Play with your wording a bit, and you can often find something that will work. There's no limit to how many tags you can add.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Date Posted: 7/13/2023 11:29 AM ET

Thanks, Patty....just some weird things going on this week with some functions. 

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Date Posted: 8/7/2023 6:58 PM ET

today another tag issue......... Won't let me add 'Queen Elizabeth I' as a tag!!

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Date Posted: 3/2/2024 10:51 PM ET

More tag issues....won't let me add ' Women's Movement' or ' right to vote'. 

Patouie avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Coordinator medalBook Data Approver medalTour Guide Asst. Coord. medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/4/2024 8:49 PM ET

Several years ago, a bunch of problem words were blocked, including swear words and insults. I find that sometimes if a letter combination is part of a blocked word, I have to find a work-around.

"right 2 vote" works

"Women's movement" worked for me

Queen Elizabeth 1 (with a numeral) and Queen Elizabeth the First both work

If you have tag with 2 or more words that won't "take", try the words individually, and you'll see which word is causing the problem.Then you can figure out an alternate tag.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Date Posted: 3/4/2024 9:55 PM ET

Thanks, Patty. Will try the suggestions.