This new edition of Take Your Time placed first in the Body, Mind, Spirit category in Foreword Magazine's Book of the Year Award competition. In awarding the prize a jury of librarians and booksellers considered âeditorial excellence, professional production, originality of the narrative, author credentials, and the value the book adds to its genre.â
Life today can feel so fragmented. Often we face enormous pressures both on the work front and at home. Irritable and drained at the end of a long day, we wonder what it was all about.
But if we look at our choices through Easwaran's eyes, it's surprising how quickly we begin to discover patience, peace and meaning.
In Take Your Time, Easwaran invites us to try something different next time we're stressed â" techniques we can use to:
* Slow down inwardly, even if we have a lot to do
* Stay calmer, more patient, more loving with all around us
* Improve concentration â" do one thing at a time and do it well
* Keep our attention in the present so we don't waste energy on worry and resentment
* Simplify our lives and avoid trying to do too much
* Get a sense of life's true purpose
Step back, slow down, and find a doorway to joy and serenity where you might never have thought to look.