Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Chick Lit Chick Lit

Topic: Two books, same cover?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Heather-and-Raven avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Two books, same cover?
Date Posted: 6/6/2009 6:49 PM ET

I was perusing another member's wishlist when I noticed that two different books by two different authors have the same cover. How is that even possible? There's this for "Olivia's Sister"

http://www.paperbackswap.com/book/details/9780749934033-Olivias+Sister

and then "Hypocrite in a White Poofy Dress" (sorry, I don't know how to do two links at once, but anyone who's read that book knows it's the same exact kid on the cover). I have never seen that before, has anyone else??

beatccr avatar
Date Posted: 6/6/2009 7:20 PM ET

usually it's b/c of stock photography, the image rights for the pics can be bought/used by anyone.

One of my blogger friends has done a whole series on book lookalikes: books with the same cover or similiar covers

aleapopculture.blogspot.com/search/label/lookalikes

Heather-and-Raven avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 6/8/2009 11:08 AM ET

That is just so crazy. If it were my book, I would want something original! esp since this is such an obvious, memorable picture. I am going to check out that blog now!

Generic Profile avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 6/21/2009 4:20 PM ET

I've got a few in my TBR with basically the same book cover. They just diginatlly change the back ground or coloring but it's the same.