Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Hidden Gems Hidden Gems

Topic: I have two hidden gems without ISBNs, Nevil Shute books

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Cosmina avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: I have two hidden gems without ISBNs, Nevil Shute books
Date Posted: 1/25/2016 8:54 PM ET

Author:  Nevil Shute     The Rainbow and the Rose     Mass Market Paperback printed 1966  Pretty good shape, pages perfect, taped spine.

Author:  Nevil Shute     In the Wet Mass      Market Paperback  printed in 196?   Perfect condition.  not even a crease on the spine.

I am asking one credit for both books.  I ended up buying hardbacks for my collection.  Shute is one of my favorite authors.  

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 1/25/2016 10:05 PM ET

I just found a mmpb of On the Beach that I have always wanted to read but never have.

Cosmina avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 1/26/2016 11:16 AM ET

On the Beach is a great example of this author's writing.  It is a quick, really short book that will stick with you for many years.

Nevil Shute's Australia books are my favorites.  A Town Like Alice is also a great book.  

The two I have available are both Australia stories.  

Wildhog3 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/13/2016 10:41 PM ET

I probably still have  a couple old Nevil Shutes out in the garage. I must have read a half-dozen in the four or five  years after On The Beach. I probably didn't evenfinish more than one. Whatever he had in On The Beach, he didn't have hardly any more of.