Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: a way to tag search?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
KarenLS avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: a way to tag search?
Date Posted: 10/19/2016 9:54 AM ET

I'd like to search for books that are 750 pages or longer.  (I love big books; who doesn't, girls??! HA)

Anyone have any idead;  I've got brain fog going on here....

Thanks - Karen

VolunteerVal avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Date Posted: 10/19/2016 12:06 PM ET

Karen, I'm unaware of a way to search for 750-page books on PBS ... but if you are on Goodreads, there are two lists of titles that you could search for here on PBS:

Books Over 750 Pages

Big Fat Reads Worth The Effort 2.0

rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/19/2016 4:57 PM ET

Out of curiosity I tried a 'books of 750 pages or more' amazon search. It didn't work as it only yielded one book. The same search found no results on google, so I'm not surprised it doesn't work here either.

classicana avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Coordinator medalBook Data Coordinator medal
Date Posted: 10/21/2016 11:30 AM ET

Unfortunately, many  bookseller sites do not include number of pages in their listings.  But, for all the errors in their listings, Amazon is one of the best for # of pages and book dimensions.   There are literally thousands (probably 10's of thousands) of listings here at PBS without page number data. 

Google search will show 'books over 700 pages', but it's NOT helpful as it lists books that mention 700 of anything! E.G. a book about Glen Canyon Dam which is 700 ft tall - but only 128 pages...

Btw, you don't have to join GoodReads to search their listings, and as Val mentioned, it appears that their "Popular Over 700 Pages Books" is just what it claims.

Last Edited on: 10/21/16 11:32 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
KarenLS avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/21/2016 10:51 PM ET

Thank you ladies for your responses;  I'll give amazon search a try and look at my Goodreads acct.   Karen