Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Weaning out former members

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 2/23/2017 9:23 PM ET

Sorry Kayote I am just not buying it that PBS does anything re non responsive members! If they did this would not be an issue years after they instituted membership fees. 

Last Edited on: 2/23/17 9:39 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
melanied avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalBook Bazaar Coordinator medal
Date Posted: 2/23/2017 10:10 PM ET

There has been a lot of problems caused by providers not allowing emails through. Many missed transactions could simply be from members not getting their emails.

We have gotten Live Help questions from people whose accounts were closed because they had been gone for over a year so I know it does happen.

chippygirl avatar
Date Posted: 2/24/2017 8:24 PM ET

I don't understand why their is an issue with the unresponsive members either.  

A couple of months ago, I got an email saying something along the lines of "Hey, you missed several trades.  So we are going to put your account on hold till you log back in."  I logged back in and saw I had missed about 8-10 requests (to send and receive).  I guess it had been about a month since I logged in.  So I ichecked and somehow I had all my notifications turned off (usually I just have notifications checked - for when I get a request and when a wish list book is offered).  So I rechecked my notifications and "re-activated" for want of a better term, my account.  And I am a paying member.  So I just think that was strange.  

I have no problem with them having put my account on hold.  I would think that then, a wishlift offer would just skip over me and go to the next.  So it would seem that all these members who are inactive would suffer the same fate.  But sometimes when I post a book that is heavily wished, it will go thru several members with no response before it is requested.  Just seems weird.  

punkeymonkey529 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/26/2017 6:50 PM ET

I'm an active member, but if a book is requested from me I normally wait a few days before accepting only because it gives me more time to get to the post office. I always mail the book though. :)

As for the WL thing....some books I've been waiting for ever since I joined the site. They're NEVER posted.....or posted very rarely. 

I would like the "non-active" members weeded out,  ut I do understand those ahead of me are waiting as well, and it is a frustrating long wait sometimes.

I do get excited when one is finally offered. It's like Christmas. *twide thumbs,and patiently waits for more WL offers. 

Page: