The Weekend Novelist Author:Robert J. Ray Can you become a real writer if you only have time to write on weekends? Yes. Robert J. Ray did it...and published eight highly acclaimed books. Now he tells you how. During the week Ray was a teacher. One weekends he learned the fiction writer's craft and produced his first novel. He ended up selling six books in six years. The same success as ... more »a writer can happen to you.
With Robert J. Ray's guidance, 52 weekends from right now you will have a finished novel. His step-by-step program the same one he uses himself and teaches in his popular fiction-writing class, organizes your writing around the weekends. Each weekend you work through the basics of character, scene, and plot, the construction of the novel in scenes and chapters, and the actual writing and editing of your book.
Isn't it time to stop dreaming and just do it?
* From the blank page to a completed novel in 52 weekends
* Provocative (and fun) exercises to develop each level of skill
* Models from other writers - from Anne Tyler to Raymond Chandler
* Plot development using "Aristotle's Inclind"
* Observations to make during the weekdays
* Tips on finding an agent and getting published« less