Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Well , it has happened again

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/14/2017 3:49 PM ET

Last Edited on: 8/15/17 6:25 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/14/2017 3:50 PM ET

What is Parcel locker..?        I pm'ed but she said they have not come yet.   Yesterday I got 2 wishlist offers and had to borrow credits ,now I'm waiting to pay back the credits..

Last Edited on: 8/14/17 3:53 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
VolunteerVal avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Date Posted: 8/14/2017 4:30 PM ET

What is Parcel locker..?     

I believe a parcel locker is a locked space used for packages/parcels when the person's usual mail recepticle is quite small.  This could be happen if the book package was addressed to a PO box or if the person lives in an apartment complex or has a "cluster" mailbox for their house (see image below).  A note is placed in the recipient's "regular" mailbox with a key to the larger compartment so he/she can retireve the package.

Image result for parcel locker

bookbuggg avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 8/14/2017 4:31 PM ET

In my case Ihave mailboxes that we need a key to get into (They're in one big box divided by smaller ones for mail) and we have a parcel locker. So anything to big for the mailbox goes in the parcel locker and that key is placed in your mailbox.You use the key to open the parcel locker and get your package.

New Residential Mailboxes Stock Photo

The 2 bigger bottom ones are parcel  lockers.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/15/2017 1:59 PM ET

Still waiting......

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/15/2017 2:19 PM ET

I am in a very nice apartment complex but there are no "parcel lockers". Packages that do fit into your personal mail box are left on the hallway floor by the mail boxes. Between the volume of deliveries from amazon, food companies and whatever, it is typical that there could be 30 to 50 parcels. Unless I am expecting something, I do not bother to go through them. Contrary to "I can't imagine why anyone would PM a member for a book that tracking says was delivered that very day or even the next day. That's just crazy and no point.to it so I'm surprised that any member would do that.' I think notifing the recepient a package has been delivered is a thoughtful act. Never said I was demanding same day credit but took the time to let them know of delivery so they could go look.

bookbuggg avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 8/15/2017 2:31 PM ET

Since you quoted me Mary

I will say in your case with all your posts complaining about the rules you agreed to that yeah, you want instant credit the second tracking says was delivered (but dont want topay the extra for that) and it isnt nice to stare at tracking, note delivered and then pm to be "kind" and say hey sweetie, just a friendly pm to be kind and thoughful and let you know you have  a package. lol

People can wait to get their mail for a myriad of reasons..and you can wait a few days for it to be be marked received wink

Added for this..you send me a PM to say hey today at xx time the book I mailed you arrived, I'm going to ignore you and continue on my work day, errands, etc and I'll go to my mailbox when I can go ..and when I actually get the chance to open the package and check on the book, then I'll mark it received.

Last Edited on: 8/15/17 2:34 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/15/2017 9:48 PM ET

I am with Michelle.  I try to be kind to other senders.  They got lots going on in their lives like the rest of us.

Grnemae avatar
Standard Member medalGame Moderator medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 8/16/2017 10:50 AM ET

I find a lot of members mark received a good couple of weeks after dc says delivered. There's nothing you can do about that unless you buy pbs postage.

Scans for books sent to me will show they were delivered 1-2 days before they actually show up in my mailbox.  I am sure that there are members who think I am just being lazy but I always mark books received the day I get them. 

bookbuggg avatar
Date Posted: 8/16/2017 11:24 AM ET

"Scans for books sent to me will show they were delivered 1-2 days before they actually show up in my mailbox.  I am sure that there are members who think I am just being lazy but I always mark books received the day I get them. "

yes

Page: