|Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.|
I have a book that is on Auto Wish-List by someone. I am ready to post it and notice that when I enter the ISBN the book comes up as a paperback and not a hardback, which is the book I received when I requested it. I remember being pleasantly surprised when I received the hardback instead of a paperback). The only other choice for this book in the system is one for a large print edition.
Which would you do:
1) Post the book as the paperback and before sending it let the person know they will be getting a hardback version. Most people would consider this a good thing, but some may not.
2) Enter the book into the system with no ISBN (even though it has one) and miss out on the wish-list?
I think you have to do number 2. You can always put a tag on the paperback version that it's available as hardcover. You could also advertise it in the BB since it's WL and someone is likely to see it and want it.
I know if I wish for a paperback it's because that's what I want. I only put hardcovers on my WL when it's one I just really super duper want. Paperbacks are more comfortable to hold for me.
Kate, you have to do number 2. Doing number 1 is against the rules. From the help docs (number 2 applies to you):
Problem: You enter the ISBN on your paperback and the book Listing Preview says "hardcover".
This means one of two things:
1. Your book is an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC)
2. The publisher chose to assign the same ISBN to more than one version of this title.
Last Edited on: 9/27/10 11:10 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
1) is not an option, 2) is required. When you post the book you cannot answer this question yes so you cannot post by the ISBN:
This is how your book listing will appear in the PBS library.
Do the Title, Author, ISBN and Book Type match your book EXACTLY?
Please note: book cover image shown does NOT need to match your book.