Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: What's my best option?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
chelseat avatar
Subject: What's my best option?
Date Posted: 3/25/2011 1:43 AM ET

This is probably, most definitely, a newbie question; but here I go!

I have books 1-18 of the Laurell K. Hamilton: Anita Blake series. Would it be better to post them individually; or try to swap them as a lot? I'm really new to the site, and probably don't understand all of my options. (Excuse my ignorance! cheeky)

Any help would most definitely be appreciated! I HATE to part with the books, but I've GOT to share the phenomenon and learn to let go! laugh

MSCOZY avatar
Friend of PBS-Diamond medal
Date Posted: 3/25/2011 3:56 AM ET

You could offer them in the book bazaar as a series.  I did that with one set I had and it was taken up.  Describe the condition, that helps I think.  The books I had were like new and had not even spine creasing.  You may have to offer a deal but first I would offer them as a set.  If no takers, maybe make a deal stating all 18 for say 12 credits.  Just a suggestion. 

EmilyKat avatar
Limited Member medalTour Guide medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/25/2011 4:31 AM ET

If you send them as a group, you really save in postage.   Even sending in groups of 2 or 3 saves you money.

flchris avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 3/25/2011 10:59 AM ET

Since some of the books, particularly the later ones in the series, are WL'ed, you'd have to offer them in the WL Multiples thread in the Book Bazaar.  I think. That is the only place in the Book Bazaar that you can offer postable WL books.  You could also try in the Paranormal forum.  They have a very active WL thread and I bet they would get taken there.

breezyhmh avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 3/25/2011 8:25 PM ET

If you do choose to post them in the Book Bazaar WL thread, just be aware that you will not be able to include the books that are not WL.  That is one of the rules of that particular thread. You may have better luck in the PRN forum.

melanied avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalBook Bazaar Coordinator medal
Date Posted: 3/25/2011 9:04 PM ET

Offering them as a set with a deal would be OK in the WL Multiples in the Book Bazaar. That is the one exception for offering books that are not wishlisted - it has to be a set that you are keeping together, you can't let people pick a few out of the list (or at least you can't advertise that you will let people do it). You will have to offer a deal to get them all to go together IMO, it will be very hard to find someone who wants them all because most people who read the series will have at least a few of the books already and 18 credits can be a lot for some people to come up with.

You could try offering the non-wishlisted ones in the series thread in the Bazaar. Once someone PMs you for some of them you can check to see if they have any of the Wish Listed ones on the WL and post those directly to them.

Last Edited on: 3/25/11 9:05 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
twylah avatar
Lori - ,
Date Posted: 3/25/2011 11:38 PM ET

I wish more people would offer complete series' of books!!!!  It takes FOREVER to build a series on PBS.  I'm working on three different series right now and it's already taken almost 2 years.  (sigh)

chelseat avatar
Date Posted: 3/26/2011 1:46 AM ET

Thank you ALL for the help! It's so awesome to log on and find a ton of suggestions that are SO helpful! I would love to keep them as a personal series, but unfortunately, I don't have the shelf space and I HATE to see good books just sit! I'm going to try to swap them out as a series first and then part them out if they don't swap together. Here's to hoping!

Thanks again!!