I found this book to be very practical and down-to-earth. It is very interesting to view counseling this way--and much easier/cost-effective than years of psychotherapy!
1. You can help people!
2. Getting started
3. The first meeting
4. The counseling process
5. Diagnose the problem but treat the whole person
6. Counseling "by the book" or by THE Book?
7. Using the Bible to counsel relationship problems
8. Using the Bible to counsel emotional problems
Includes: uncontrollable anger; irrational fears; pervasive worry; and emotional depression
9. Using the Bible to counsel addictive behavior
Includes: alcohol abuse; drug abuse; sexual addiction (which includes: obsessive sexual relations; promiscuity; infidelity in marriage; and homosexuality); and compulsive eating disorders
10. Successful counseling
Appendix: When to recommend professional help