Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Crafting

Topic: Who's on Pinterest?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 12/22/2012 4:28 PM ET

Last Edited on: 12/22/12 4:41 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
craftnut avatar
PBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 12/23/2012 10:51 AM ET

Gina, I make my own cards, one of my boards is my cards and one is inspiration from others. 

I use Stampin UP stamps and cardstock mainly, but also stock from Hobby Lobby, Michaels and believe it or not Big Lots sometimes.   I love Stampin UP, even tho it is a bit more expensive, but the colors are wonderful, and they have matching elements like ribbons, button etc.  I have punches and rollers, yes, I am crazy.  But, I only buy once a year during what they call Sale-A-Bration, where you can get freebies.  It is sold party style, and my neighbors and I take turns hosting.  Hostesses get extra freebies.  Splitcoast Stampers is a website with cards made by people using Stampin UP stamp sets, organized by set name, a wonderful place to find ideas to use the sets you have.  But also a great place for ideas on layering elements, using other stamps.  So fun!!  I make up birthday cards by the lot, then I have them ready when a birthday comes around.  I also make up just generic cards, then when I need one, I can stamp "Thank You" or "Get Well" on it and it is ready to go. 

Considering that storebought cards are getting more expensive, (and the 99 cent ones at the discount stores are awful), I like being able to send a really personal card that saves money overall.  I spend $20 on a stamp set and a little more on cardstock, I only have to make five cards for it to pay for itself.  I also like the overall creativity outlet.

gina329 avatar
Date Posted: 12/23/2012 1:13 PM ET

Carole, Lori, thanks for the info.  You've made some really pretty cards, Carole!  Maybe after Christmas I can explore this more, get some supplies and give it a try :)  I agree that store bought cards are just ridiculously high, and I just hate every time I spend 5 bucks on a card! 

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Card stock
Date Posted: 1/13/2013 9:08 AM ET

This can be had at any office supply store like Staples, office Max, Depot and also Wal Mart. There are many colors available along with 1/2 fold envelopes. Me. I purchased the Hallmark card maker and make all the cards that I send out. It's like having your own gretting card store in your computer! You can select any card and customise it to fit the occassion. I usually make the inside of the card with parchment paper to produce a card with an extra touch. Since I do a lot of printing at home I have burned through a HP printer that used the '02' style cartiage. These were refills bought from 1ink.com and have been great and cheap, but I no longer need these. I have about 15 of all six colors and will make a great deal to someone who can use them, say $3 each! PM me if you know someone who can use these.

craftnut avatar
PBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 1/14/2013 6:22 PM ET

Thanks, Gina.  Are you going to give stamping a try now that the holidays are over?

cherrygeli avatar
Date Posted: 7/12/2013 2:19 AM ET

So addicted to Pinterest! im a crocheter. your welcome to check me out.  http://pinterest.com/cherrygeli

njemj50 avatar
Subject: Addicted to Pinterest
Date Posted: 12/3/2014 8:12 PM ET

I'm addicted to Pinterest. It is my online "IDEA" book. Instead of cutting out pictures, I now upload to Pinterest. I'm so addicted that I have had to actually set a daily time limit so I don't get behind in everything else!

zentangledjen avatar
Date Posted: 1/17/2015 6:41 PM ET

http://www.pinterest.com/pumpkinheadjen/

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/9/2015 5:50 PM ET

Loving looking at everyone's boards.

https://www.pinterest.com/ebs427/ my daughter hijacked my pinterest account so many of the boards are hers, but it is all good!

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 2/10/2015 12:52 AM ET

Here's mine!

https://www.pinterest.com/cantaloupecats/

Page: