Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Crafting

Topic: I won at the State Fair!!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
craftnut avatar
PBS Blog Contributor medal
Subject: I won at the State Fair!!
Date Posted: 9/15/2013 10:11 AM ET

First time ever, a quilted table topper I made won first place in its category and Best of Show in its division!!  I also won a second place for a purse, and a third place for a Christmas decoration.  I am so excited!  You can see them on my Pinterest board My Quilting - The Santa Face wall hanging, coffee theme bag, and Autumn Cornicopia Table Topper.  I entered four quilts into the quilting category, but none won anything this year.

Anyone else enter State Fair contests?

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 9/16/2013 8:09 AM ET

Congratulations, Carole!  Just this year, I had two friends each enter, of all things, larger-than-life-size scarecrows they had made (and dressed up) into our local fair, and one of them won Best In Show and the other won 2nd Place.  I was thrilled for both.  What a hoot.

The quilts are always one of my favorite exhibits at our fair.  You quilters are amazingly talented, and patient!!  So glad you won, Carole!

LesleyH avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/16/2013 11:15 AM ET

Congratulations!  I am in awe of those who can do quilting well- sewing has never been my thing, but I love the results!  I'm a paper crafter, and I found out too late this year that there was a scrapbooking/card category at our state fair, but next year I'm hoping to enter, if they have it again.  I did stop by and see the entries and they were great- not sure I could actually compete- but it might be fun to try.

patmat avatar
Date Posted: 9/27/2013 9:44 PM ET

Congratulations! Your work is beautiful. I got teary when I saw the quilt pattern that you called Anita's Arrowhead. I remember my mom (passed on now) working the winter away on a quilt like this but she had a different name for the design (?)