Our elementary school services about 440 students in a suburb community of Baltimore County Maryland which is predominantly a lower socio-economic community. Our parents and students struggle to have school supplies each year and the majority of the students receive a free or reduced lunch. Your donation of books is much needed and appreciated as many of our students would not have new books of their very own.
Our school also houses students with special needs. Our school has a gifted and talented track along with special education classes. We have an ESOL teacher once a week to work with our students who are still learning English as their second language.
Programs we offer include band, chorus, bully busters, safety patrol, fit Friday, after school math program, and announcement crew. We have an active PTA with many staff members on PTA. Most of our staff has been at the school for years. The staff truly cares about the students and wants what is best for them.
Most of our students walk to school as we are located within the neighborhood. We have a wellness center housed inside our building to help get our students be seen, if needed, by a medical professional. Our principal is very involved with the students and can be seen going around the classrooms and giving the students a message on the announcements daily. Our students get free breakfast every day and over 80% get free or reduced lunch.
Mars Estates Elementary School will provide for every student the highest quality, 21st century education in a safe, secure, and positive environment conducive to high levels of teaching, learning, and student engagement, resulting in globally competitive students prepared for their chosen college and/or career path.
- Learning is our core purpose.
- Effective instruction and high expectations are essential to student learning.
- Mars Estates Elementary School is committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure that every student learns and succeeds.
- Positive and productive relationships among all members of the Mars Estates community are built through meaningful communication and engagement.
- Students, parents, community members and staff are partners in creating, sustaining, and investing in a culture of deliberate excellence and are vital to our success.