Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Making Tags Useful - Mission #3

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
mahbaar avatar
Member of the Month medal
Subject: Making Tags Useful - Mission #3
Date Posted: 1/29/2008 2:06 PM ET

OK, I've been prodded to start up another thread, so here goes!

This mission: Time time time!

Add a timeframe to the books that you know. You can use "Victorian" or "Elizabethan" or "WWII" or "1970's" or "Great Depression" or "Civil War" or "20th Century"... Anything that's useful and descriptive. If you're unsure, check the current tags for the book, and see if we can increase the number of times some of those are used.

Good luck, and have fun! :)

Last Edited on: 1/29/08 3:57 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
bananapancakes avatar
Date Posted: 1/29/2008 3:29 PM ET

I think this is great! I personally love tags and find them so useful. I don't really read time travel books, so i wouldn't have a clue about books to tag, but i did tag "coming of age" books based on several other sites. just wanted to let you know i appreciate the work you're doing :0)

mahbaar avatar
Member of the Month medal
Date Posted: 1/29/2008 3:31 PM ET

Thanks!

Now, I'm off to tag a few books... :)

Patouie avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Coordinator medalBook Data Approver medalTour Guide Asst. Coord. medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 1/29/2008 4:06 PM ET

I do a lot of book/image editing.  I tag the books I edit so that I can check later to see if the edits have gone through.  (Then I remove my ugly tags.)  :-)  You've inspired me to often add another "helpful" tag or two at the same time.  Last night I was tagging some "manga" books, and added some "Native American," "Latter Day Saints," "African American Fiction" tags, among many others.  I just look for a tag that's already out there, and add to it, most of the time.

CozSnShine avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 1/31/2008 1:05 PM ET

Thanks Jane for another cool mission.   Now I can do all three at the same time, plus add one or two of my own.

ElizabethG avatar
Date Posted: 3/10/2008 11:40 AM ET

I tagged Sarah Bishop with The Revolutionary War,

trishalynn0708 avatar
Date Posted: 3/10/2008 12:55 PM ET

Not sure what "Tags" are.. Is there a link someone could direct me to to read up on this??

royaltech avatar
Member of the Month medalBook Cover Image Approver medalBook Data Coordinator medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 3/10/2008 1:23 PM ET

Trisha, go to the Help Center and search for tags, it will give you the pages to read up on them.

trishalynn0708 avatar
Date Posted: 3/10/2008 1:37 PM ET

Thanks Sherry! Don't know what I would do without you!! You've helped me out a lot since i've joined! I appreciate it!!