Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Making Tags Useful - Mission #4

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
mahbaar avatar
Member of the Month medal
Subject: Making Tags Useful - Mission #4
Date Posted: 2/4/2008 12:18 PM ET

Abridged? or Unabridged? That is the question... :)

This is most helpful for audio books, but any book will do. If you know a book is abridged or unabridged, add that tag to the book.

Bonus: Add the narrator to the audio books. Suggestion: use the format: "Read by _____"

ETA: Another suggestion: Add "Unabridged" and "Unabridged Audio" to the audio books. The general tag can apply to both paper and audio. It would be easier for audio readers to find more unabridged audio if both were included.

Also, some have "Cassettes" or "CD" after the abridgement note. Those are helpful too! :)

Last Edited on: 2/4/08 3:19 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
swingsistert avatar
Date Posted: 2/4/2008 1:35 PM ET

these are SUCH great missions!

mahbaar avatar
Member of the Month medal
Date Posted: 2/4/2008 2:53 PM ET

Thanks, Taleah. I'm going to have to look up a few on B&N for this one. I don't have any audio books on my list right now. (And I really don't think this tag makes much sense with current bestsellers on paper, don'tcha' know!)

ETA: Also thanks to the member who suggested this one ()!

I'm working on Phillipa Gregory's books now. B&N looks like it has most of the narrators as well. (One has multiple readers, I suppose for different characters.)

Last Edited on: 2/4/08 3:21 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Audio Tags
Date Posted: 3/7/2008 11:40 AM ET

It would be WONDERFUL if more sellers of audios tagged them, especially with "abridged" or "un" and with readers.  I send these to my  mother constantly, and she only likes unabridged versions.  So thanks to all who take the time to do this.