Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Easy Way to View 'available' Reminder List books?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
k00kaburra avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Easy Way to View 'available' Reminder List books?
Date Posted: 3/3/2008 12:23 PM ET

When I first started adding books to my Reminder list, I remember that the available books would be displayed on the first page so that I didn't have to go digging through my whole list to find what I could request.  I thought it was a great feature because it saved me time and (hopefully) got the books I wanted and kept them from floating endlessly in the system.  However, this stopped happening and for the longest time I thought I wasn't getting any matches at all.  Today as I was cleaning up my request list I found that I was getting matches, but the system was no longer moving them to the top of the list.  How would I go about resetting that feature so that once again, when there's a book match it gets moved to the top of the list?

Cattriona avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 3/3/2008 1:34 PM ET

Suzi--

I'm not sure what you're seeing, as I just checked and my Reminder list is showing the stuff currently available to order first.  Maybe try re-sorting the list and see if that helps?

Cheers,

Catt

k00kaburra avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/3/2008 2:42 PM ET

Right now the books are listed by date in ascending order.  I thought that was how I had it set before.  Maybe I had it in descending order instead?  Since your reminder list is doing what I want mine to do, what are your settings?

Cattriona avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 3/3/2008 6:00 PM ET

Hmm, well, I had never changed my settings or sorted the list, so it has always been that way.  But I just tried sorting it ... and now it is broken like yours is :(

The Help Center does not address this either.  Perhaps it is part of the tinkering in preparation for the "new" wish list?  I dunno, sorry ...

k00kaburra avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/3/2008 6:43 PM ET

Oh no! :( I'm sorry about that. 

royaltech avatar
Member of the Month medalBook Cover Image Approver medalBook Data Coordinator medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 3/3/2008 6:53 PM ET

By Default, the Reminder List displays available books in alphabetical order above unavailable books. The sort options are Title, Author and Date.  To return your Reminder List to it original default display with available books listed above unavailable books, click this  Link

k00kaburra avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/3/2008 8:22 PM ET

Awesome!

Thank you!

gratefulgrama avatar
Subject: printing reminder list alphabetically by title
Date Posted: 5/28/2008 9:27 AM ET

Sherry, thanks for the link to restore the default sort.  I searched for this answer because I had just resorted and wanted to get back to the original list.

Does anyone know if you can make the reminder list print in alphabetical order?  When I tell it to print, and the print screen comes up, it appears that sections of it in the print list are in alphabetical order but not the whole list.  But my reminder list shows up alphabetically by title.

Hope that makes sense....

Okay, you can ignore my question.  Now the list is printing in alphabetical order.

Last Edited on: 5/29/08 3:01 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
thk avatar
Linda S. (thk) - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 5/28/2008 4:35 PM ET

Sherry,

Do you have any idea if this sort-by-available link shows up somehwere in the Help Center?  So we can use it without finding your post again, or bugging you.