Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Book Bazaar Book Bazaar

Topic: I'm going to the UBS, post your wishes here! - FOREVER-

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
jenni7202 avatar
Subject: I'm going to the UBS, post your wishes here! - FOREVER-
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 12:45 PM ET

Okay, here's how this works.

• Post the names, authors, and ISBN (if you want a specific book), as well as format (PB, HB if it's neccesary.)
  • You don't have to PM me if you don't want to, but if your list is long enough, you may, I don't mind!
  • If you think of more, post again, because I will not reread posts, I'm adding them to the list as whoever posts that they want them first.
  • If you happen to get a book that you listed here, please post or PM me, so that I don't end up getting it and then you don't end up wanting it :( 

• I visit the Used Book Store on Tuesday's and Thursday's (some other days too if they are having a big sale).
  • Book prices are -
  1. Harlequins and other's like them - .10
  2. Paperbacks - .75
  3. Trade Paperbacks - 1.00
  4. Hardbacks - 1.25
  5. Children's Paperback - .25
  6. Children's Hardback - .50
  7. Some newer titles that are brand new when brought in are (3.00 HB, 2.00 PB)
  8. Audio Books - (Abridged 1.00, Unabridged 3.00)

CURRENT BOOKSTORE DEALS ARE AS FOLLOWS!  (these change every month):

• DEAN KOONTZ (so 2 PB for .75, or 2 HB for 1.25)
  • SCI-FI HARDBACKS 2 FOR 1 (1.25 FOR THEM BOTH)

I'm keeping my list with me, completely organized, and if I find any of the books I will PM the first person that wanted that book, if they decide they didn't want it, they will be removed from the list, and I will move onto the next person.

I will not be offering deals on these books, simply because I'm going out of my way to purchase them, and then ship them to you.  I am offering deals on my shelf though, so look at my profile it you want more info.

Thanks, and I hope I can find some books for everyone!

Jenni

Last Edited on: 8/20/08 9:13 PM ET - Total times edited: 10
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: What am I looking for?
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 12:49 PM ET

Patristic church fathers such as Ignatius of Antioch, Shepard of Hernmes, Augustine minus City of God and Confessions.

Thanks

Petra

Last Edited on: 6/19/08 12:51 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 12:57 PM ET

I am desperately (with several exclamation marks!!) seeking a paperback copy of A Quick Bite by Lynsay Sands. It's a paranormal that I've been on the wishlist forever for. Unfortunately it's the first book in the Argeneau series -- I have all the others so it's been frustrating. lol  But it's been very hard to find - our library doesn't even have it and it's a well-stocked library!!

It's already on my wishlist.

Thank you so much for checking!!!

I caved and I bought it at B&N! Just wanted to let you know so you took it off your list. Thanks so much for doing this though - it's really nice of you!

Last Edited on: 6/22/08 4:58 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
jenni7202 avatar
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 1:01 PM ET

No problem Susan, I hope I come across it.  Our library isn't very well stocked, it never has anything new, but their little donation shop is always freshly stocked. 

Jenni

somercel avatar
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 1:32 PM ET

All the chick lit's you can find!!!

somercel avatar
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 1:34 PM ET

I'll post my list for you...

Preferably trade paperback form....let me know what you find, I have lotsa credits!!!

jenni7202 avatar
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 1:38 PM ET

Sure Somer, post as many as you would like to.  If I don't find them today, I'm bound to find them one of these days, since I go there so often.  I can usually find some pretty 'brand new' looking books.

ShaylaB avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 1:52 PM ET

I am looking for 2 Anne of Green Gables books to finish my collection.  I would like both in paperback & in good-great condition.  They are #7 Rainbow Valley & #8 Rilla of Ingleside.

These are avail. here but since they are to complete a collection I don't want to take the chance & get just an OKAY condition copy.  Thanks!

jenni7202 avatar
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 2:04 PM ET

Okay Shayla.  I think I saw a bunch of those there the other day, hopefully they are still there.

Anyone else?  I'm going to go there in the next 3 hours.  If I don't go today I will probably go again on Tuesday or Thursday, so just keep posting!  I'm jotting everything down, first person to post what they want, first person to get it!

Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 2:36 PM ET

Sent you a pm Jennifer, you are such a sweetie.

breezyhmh avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 2:55 PM ET

Jenni,

Sent you a PM with my list.  Any help completing my collections would be appreciated.  Thanks so much.   If the list is too overwhelming, just pick a couple to look for.  Anything will help.

I have plenty of credits, so that's not a problem.

Heather

theraven avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 2:58 PM ET

I'm looking for A Witness Above (A Frank Pavicek Mystery) by Andy Straka. It's the first in the series and I have books 2 and 3. I ordered one through PBS but it timed out so now I have the rest of the series which I ordered at the same time but not the first.

(note to self: when ordering a series, always wait until your receive book 1 or at least that it's been marked mailed before ordering the rest) 

Last Edited on: 6/19/08 3:45 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
jenni7202 avatar
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 2:58 PM ET

Okay Sherry and Heather, thanks!  I really don't mind the length of a list, I have plenty of time on my hands :)

Jenni

mecompton avatar
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 2:59 PM ET

Wow, those prices are amazing! It's almost impossible to get even a paperback at my local used bookstores (3 of them) for less than $2.75 and most of them are more in the $3 - $3.50 range. I need to move ......!

jenni7202 avatar
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 3:01 PM ET

lol.  Well it's a little donation shop right on the side of our local library.  You donate the books, and all the profits go to the bookstore to get new books.  It works out great, and I've gotten TONS of good books there.  The only problem is, they are only open from 5-7 on tuesdays and thursdays, and then early every other day of the week.  I can only get their late, but I guess it's a good thing or I'd end up spending my whole check there, haha.

auntnecee avatar
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 3:09 PM ET

I am looking for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in paperback for my nephew and also Fire Star by Chris D'Lacey and  Eldest by Christopher Paolini.

Generic Profile avatar
fireman57 - ,
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 3:24 PM ET

Any chance you could look for these? They appear to be rare finds, but I'll take any cover, hardback, paperback or trade.

Thanks,

CW Myers

The Year's Best Science Fiction: 2nd Annual Collection :: Gardner Dozois

The Year's Best Science Fiction: Fifth Annual Collection (Year's Best Science Fiction) :: Gardner Dozois

The Year's Best Science Fiction: First Annual Collection :: Gardner Dozois

jenni7202 avatar
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 3:34 PM ET

Okay, I have everything jotted down, or printed depending on how long the lists were.  I will keep bumping this thread up everyday and post when I have something, as well as PM the person that would be recieving it!

If you happen to think of anything else, just start a new post, because I'm not going to go back and reread the old ones, I will just read the newer ones.

I hope I can find some of these!

Jenni

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 5:06 PM ET

i would be glad if you could find any of these books:

Helping Your Child Overcome Separation Anxiety or School Refusal: A Step-by-Step Guide For Parents
Author: Andrew R. Eisen, Linda B. Engler, Joshua Sparrow, Joshua Sparrow

Nurturing the Shy Child : Practical Help for Raising Confident and Socially Skilled Kids and Teens
Author: Gregory Markway, Barbara Markway

Understanding Katie
ISBN-13: 9780971480032 - ISBN-10: 0971480036

Last Edited on: 6/19/08 5:06 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
jenni7202 avatar
Subject: Sorry ; but keep posting, I'm writing/printing them all!
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 5:44 PM ET

Turns out I will not be going tonight, as my boyfriend is tired from working all day.  So, I will continue to take requests on books to look for, and on Tuesday I will do a thorough search of the book store to find any that you all may be wanting.  Sorry about that, but I did get a big box of books today from a local FreeCycler, so I'm going to go through that and post whatever I don't want from it.

Thanks guys, sorry once again, but I will be looking for these on Tuesday when I get over to the bookstore!

Jenni

Generic Profile avatar
KarmelK - ,
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 6:12 PM ET

Thanks for offering to look jenni.  I have a friend of the library store that offers similar deals. But they don't have my  'wishes'.  Some of these are on the site but I'm short on credits and looking for deals.

Beverly Lewis
-The Reckoning(Lancaster County Book 3)

JoAnn Ferguson
-Twice Blessed
-After the Storm

Karen Hawkins - Catherine and the Pirate(Avon True Romance for Teens)

Carola Dunn: (regencies)
-A Girl with No Name
-Angel
-Miser's Sister
-My Lord Winter
-Poor Relation

Melinda McRae:
-Married by Mistake
-The Unrepentant Rake
-An Unlikely Attraction

Mary Balogh: (regencies)
-The Ideal Wife
-The First Snowdrop
-The Notorious Rake
-A Christmas Promise
-The Constant Heart

Judith A. Lansdowne:
-Camilla's Fate (A Zebra Regency Romance)
-Mutiny at Almacks
-Lord Nightengale Triumph

Agnes Sligh Turnbull
- The Nightingale

Annette Blair
-Thee I Love, An Amish Historical

Anthony Capella
- The Wedding Officer: A Novel of Culinary Seduction

Sheila Rosalynd Allen
- The Passionate Ghost (A Haunting Regency Romance)

Kay Hooper
- ONCE UPON A TIME...THE GLASS SHOE

Christina Kingston
- Ride the Wind Home

Cheryl Zach
- Love's Rebellion (Southern Angels , No 4)

Annette Blair
-The Butterfly Garden

Last Edited on: 6/20/08 9:55 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 6:19 PM ET

Any of the comic strip books on my wishlist - those are always slow-moving along the list.  

elizabeth-g avatar
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 6:35 PM ET

This is so genourous of you! Instead of bogging you down with my entire wishlist I'll give you my top picks. 

1. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

2. Broadway Nights by Seth Rudetsky

3.  A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray 

4. I Love You, Beth Cooper by Larry Doyle

5.  Improvise: Scenes from the Inside Out by Mick Napier

6. Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Again Thanks so much.  I really appreciate it.

Last Edited on: 6/21/08 11:18 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
DianaPalmersearcher avatar
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 6:59 PM ET

I am desperatly searching for Star Wars: Episode 1 Phantom Menace Alto Sax Instrumental Book.  ISBN:0769284574  My son really wants to learn how to play these on his sax.  I also am searching for This Was Logging by Ralph Andrews  ISBN:0875649017.  If you could find any of these I would be really grateful.

jenni7202 avatar
Date Posted: 6/19/2008 9:07 PM ET

All of the new additions to this list!  I will add them to my notebook and when I go there on Tuesday I will have a look.  I'm going to have to organize my little book by author, lol, or I'll go nuts.  Luckily I enjoy organizing lists :)

Page: