Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Book Bazaar Book Bazaar

Topic: Post your damaged books here

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Bernie avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Post your damaged books here
Date Posted: 11/11/2005 11:18 AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN DAMAGED BOOKS. FEEL FREE TO PM ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS. :)

Posting guidelines:

• "Post Your Damaged Books Here" thread is ONLY for books that you want to give away. Please, DO NOT ask for an request off your shelf in Damaged books. Again, these are books you want to send as a Random Act of Kindness. Nothing expected in return. . Don't use it to post deals. People who go to this thread are loooking for books that are FREE, IE: no credits needed.
  • When your damaged book is taken, please delete the WHOLE post
    If you are offering several books, and only a couple are taken, then post "taken" on those books until they are all gone. Then delete the whole thing. Please and Thank you. :)
  • Please only post "damaged books" in this thread. Any queries/thanks about the book needs to be done in a PM.Doing this will keep the Damgaed Book thread streamlined.
  • HOW TO DELETE A POST: Click edit reply, this button is near the "send personal message button" in your post. Highlight the whole post, then either hit delete or backspace. Go to bottom and click "Update Reply" and your post will be empty.
  • Do NOT use this thread  to offer a "deal" IE: These 40 books for 3 credits, or order a book off my shelf and I'll send you this damaged book.  Make a post in the Book Deals thread for this.

It seems as if folks are missing the above suggestions.

Everyone seems to enjoy this thread. These two tips will keep it clean and de-cluttered. People won't have to wade thru pages of requests, only to find a book is gone already.

I will be PMing folks a reminder about NOT using the damaged thread as a deal thread. People are used to this thread being a "not for credit" thread. It's been set up so credits or orders off shelves are NOT required. People who read this thread, only see the damaged book offered.

*No I'm not a moderator. No you don't have to listen to me. No I'm not talking about you.*

Last Edited on: 12/18/06 5:25 PM ET - Total times edited: 1