Why use it?
- No more trips to the store
- Get your credit instantly
- No waiting in line at the post office
- No more wasted postage
How do I use it?
- Just click Print Wrapper on a request, and the Wrapper Settings page will come up. You can choose the Print Postage option on that page.
You need to have
in your account to use printable postage. You can add PBS Money to your account in the
(using PayPal or a
Is there a monthly charge to use this option?
How is the postage estimated?
According to the dimensions of the book, which are provided to us in our database for books listed with an
, or which the posting member provides when posting an item without an ISBN.
- The PBS system will automatically choose the best rate to send your package: packages up to 7 ounces will be printed with First Class Postal Rate, and packages over 7 ounces will be printed with Media Mail rate.
Is the postage estimate always correct?
- Usually, but not always. Database inaccuracies can cause some errors.
- It is wise to have a postal scale to check the package weight. You can correct the weight estimate on the Wrapper Settings page, and this will adjust the postage that prints out.
Does the least expensive postal rate always print automatically?
- Almost all the time.
- The one exception is for packages between 6 and 7 ounces (more than 6, up to 7). These will be printed as First-Class rate although it costs 2 cents more than Media Mail. The difference is tiny, and the benefits of First Class postal rate include (usually) faster shipping, return service and forwarding service if necessary. So First-Class will print out for packages of that weight.
How much does it cost?
The Printable Postage fee is 43 cents.
- PBS gets 27 cents of this
- Endicia, our printable postage provider, gets 16 cents.
The fee to USPS is 18 cents (for the electronic DC).
- Delivery Confirmation is required by USPS for all printable postage, so the option to print postage without DC is not available.
You can read more about Printable Postage on our FAQ's Page