The Bookshelf Header allows you to add a custom, publicly-viewable message at the top of your PBS Bookshelf. You can introduce yourself - give an overview of the types of books you have - comment about a specific book you have Posted - invite members to join your Game in the Games Forum - or just say Hello!
How to add a Header to your Bookshelf:
To see your own header on your Bookshelf:
How other members will see your header:
- When they view your Bookshelf from your profile or a forum Post of yours
- When they click Order More from Member after requesting a book from you
How to edit your Bookshelf Header:
How to delete/remove your Bookshelf Header:
What can you use the Header for? Some examples:
- Introduce yourself!
- Introduce your books! ("I have a lot of cozy mysteries" or "I have lots of audio books! Filter my bookshelf by audio to see them all!")
- You can also advertise a "deal" you may be offering - such as a list of "unpostable" books you are offering free with an order --but if you do this, you MUST keep the message up-to-date, and you CANNOT decline or ignore requests from other members. It is safest if you want to offer a deal in your Header to include the message "Be sure to send me a Personal Message after submitting your request, so we are both sure the deal goes through properly." Members who offer deals and then ignore or decline requests will pass those requests on to bookshelves that are NOT offering deals, and this disappoints requestors.
What should you NOT use the Header for?
- You should not use the Header to describe unpostable books on your bookshelf. Unpostable books should NOT be posted to your bookshelf. See Book Condition Criteria for 'Swappability' at PBS and What can be posted for swapping here? for the minimum book posting criteria.
- You should not use the Header to describe books you have posted incorrectly (ie, with the wrong booktype). Books MUST be posted correctly so that ISBN, title, author and booktype on the listing all match your book.