Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Love & Romance Love & Romance

Topic: May 2015, What are you reading?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
mkmbooks avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: May 2015, What are you reading?
Date Posted: 5/15/2015 8:58 AM ET

New month! Wow are we late!!

mkmbooks avatar
Date Posted: 5/15/2015 9:01 AM ET

Finished Lorraine Heath's Reluctant Hero, I sweet little western read, but had a big emotional feel to it. I hope this is her next series. Finished Delilah Marvelle's The Duke of Andelot and even though there was a 30 year timespan of the book, the ending was sweet. This was the last book of he School of Gallantry series. A recent stand out of me was Ilona Andrews's Burn for Me, very well written and  I can't wait for the next book.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 5/16/2015 8:51 AM ET

I read The Mistake by Elle Kennedy, Dare by Allie Juliette Mousseau, Revved by Samantha Towle, Sincerely Carter by Whitney Garcia Williams, and Puddle Jumping by Amber Johnson. All were pretty good. I appreciated Puddle Jumping being different than everything else that's out there. I didn't realize it was YA or I may have passed on it. But I'm glad I read it.

I finally started Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher. It's really strange so far.

Last Edited on: 5/16/15 8:58 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
missyh avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 5/16/2015 7:14 PM ET

When I found out that Trust by Ella Frank was out I had to break my pact to not buy any books til the ones on my Kindle were read. These guys are SO worth it. One of my fave m/m couples and this was a really great end to their trilogy!

Now reading Silver Bastard by Joanna Wylde.

sasfras72 avatar
Date Posted: 5/17/2015 8:47 PM ET

Missy, I just got the first of the Try series. Good to know you liked them!

Just finished It Had to Be You by SEP. Very enjoyable. Also finished another m/m by Josh Lanyon - very good too - Stranger on the Shore.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 5/17/2015 8:50 PM ET

I finished Mud Vein and then read Marrow, both by Tarryn Fisher. Neither were romance, more psychological thrillers. Not normally my genre but I really love her writing. But now I feel I have to read something really light and upbeat.

missyh avatar
Date Posted: 5/17/2015 9:33 PM ET

Omg...Hopefully you'll love them as much as I do Tonya!

I finished Silver Bastard. Man I freakin' love these bikers.

My favorite bikers are Joanna Wylde's and Madeline Sheehan's. Since I'm all caught up on them and still craving bikers...lol....I started It Aint Me, Babe by Tillie Cole. Hopefully its good!

gingerkitty avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/17/2015 9:38 PM ET

I'm working on Simply Insatiable by Kate Pearce in book form.  On the ereader, I got an ARC of Diana Palmer's latest, Untamed, so I'm reading thru that as fast as I can.  Love her stuff, even if the story's as recycled as ever.

mkmbooks avatar
Date Posted: 5/18/2015 9:25 AM ET

Melissa,

Love me some MCs as well, loved Tuck's book, but can't wait for Painter's book! I finished Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop and Tracy Anne Warren's The Bedding Proposal, both really good reads.

missyh avatar
Date Posted: 5/18/2015 10:49 AM ET

I'm anxiously awaiting for Painter too! I'm pretty sure that ones pre-ordered!

sasfras72 avatar
Date Posted: 5/22/2015 3:19 PM ET

Missy, those are my faves too. Good stuff! I haven't read the latest yet in Joanna Wylde's series.

Just finished Slide by Garrett Leigh - a m/m. Very good, but it was kind of a cliffhanger. Kind of. I mean the story definitely isn't finished. Now I'm reading Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward. Okay so far.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 5/22/2015 3:57 PM ET

Tonya ,  I loved Stepbrother dearest.  its a keeper for me.  because I love a tear jerker..lol

Last Edited on: 5/28/15 6:33 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
sasfras72 avatar
Date Posted: 5/25/2015 1:47 PM ET

Lisa, I did enjoy it.

Now reading Uncivilized by Sawyer Bennett. Very interesting so far. I'm about 1/3 through it. I can't picture how this will play out. Just finished Take Me Again by Mackenzie McKade. I'm not a big fan of menage stories, but I do like her writing, so it was good. Can't stop thinking about Slide by Garrett Leigh - gotta get my hands on the sequel!!

missyh avatar
Date Posted: 5/26/2015 9:01 AM ET

I finished It Aint Me, Babe and went on the read the second one, Heart Recaptured. I liked the first one but loved the second one. I'm really excited to get my hands on the third one...supposed to be out sometime this year. The actual biker aspect of these books isn't as good as others that I've read but I'm very intrigued...and at times horrified by the New Age Cult crap. The second book was especially bad when it came to this. The treatment of the h was awful!

Now reading Gus by Kim Holden. I freakin' LOVED Bright Side and when I seen this one finally up for order I couldn't help myself. I want Gus's HEA!!!

mkmbooks avatar
Date Posted: 5/26/2015 9:15 AM ET

Just finished Paige Tyler's Hungry Like the Wolf and it was a cute, fun read. I am picking up Elizabeth Hoyt's Dearest Rogue today and devouring it tonight. I can't wait! I have been doing a lot of rereads lately, I have 4 or 5 books started, but none of them are just grabbing me and won't let go.

kcsue avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 5/29/2015 1:52 PM ET

I'm a new Robyn Carr reader and just finished the first  book in her Virgin River series . . . Virgin River.   Really enjoyed the book and have all the others ordered.  Came highly recommended and I have to agree with that assessment.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 5/29/2015 7:25 PM ET

I read The Liar by Nora Roberts. It was good but I noticed some almost exact scenes from previous books. And I pretty much knew how the suspense was going to end. Then I read Colleen Hoover's Confess. Loved the first part, then there was a drastic change in storyline and the characters' personalities. Not sure how I felt about that. I read Lauren Stewart's Darker Waters and Corinne Michaels' Consolation. Both of those were good. And I read M.S. Force (Marie Force's foray into erotic romance) Virtuous, which was just okay. Now reading Conviction (Consoluation part 2).

Last Edited on: 5/29/15 7:26 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
missyh avatar
Date Posted: 6/2/2015 9:11 AM ET

I should get The Liar soon, I just had it posted to me a few days ago. Cant wait! I love Nora's suspense novels. Yeah, they're somewhat predictable and you notice the recycling of a scene or patterns in the romance but they're comfort reads for me. Easy to read and I know I'll enjoy them.

Gus was pretty great. Then I read For the Living by LA Witt, who seems to be a hit or miss for me. This one was a miss.

Now reading Chasing the Rainbow by Kade Boehme.

sasfras72 avatar
Date Posted: 6/5/2015 7:23 AM ET

Uncivilized was awesome. I really really liked it! Very erotic and different. Read an SEP - Kiss an Angel - that was good too. A little different for her too. Some mystical elements. Read Coming Home by MJ O'Shea (m/m) also good. Now I'm reading Law of Moses. I've been putting it off forever. I know it will be good, but I'm afraid it's going to be emotional. Haven't had the energy for that lately.