Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Paranormal

Topic: 2019 Paranormal Challenge Discussion

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
rxrcds avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 9/11/2019 10:13 PM ET

Hey all! Just touching base to let you know that I'm not going to renew my PBS membership in November when it expires. I honestly haven't been using the site and haven't really had time to do our challenges the last couple years due to being so busy with my online and physical store. Figured I'd give you a heads up early so you've got time to figure out who can take over to create categories for you next year.

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/12/2019 6:51 AM ET

We will miss you Melissa

leesie avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/18/2019 12:06 AM ET

makes sense Melissa but yes, I second Alice, we will miss you!!  Love your facebook posts about the store, wish I lived nearby to visit.

wyomingblonde avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/22/2019 3:24 PM ET

Hi all - I've been crazy busy and negligent in posting books! I just went and updated my list, I hope I got everything I've read since I last posted.

1. Storm Cursed [Mercy] by Patricia Briggs - another great installment in this series.  I really wish these came out faster.  I would like to see a bit more of the every day life of Mercy and the pack, outside of crisis time
  2. Undead and Done [Queen Betsy] by MaryJanice Davidson - The final book in the series, but leaves things open if she wants to revisit this world later on.
  3. Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon [Embraced] by Kerrelyn Sparks - this series is a nice light read, and I really do like her writing style.
  4. Atlantis Fallen [Heartstrike] by CE Murphy - Despite the clear rip off of the Highlander story, I liked this book.  I'm rather disapointed that she didn't continue this seriesm even though additional books are listed as planned.  Does anyone know why?
  5. Rituals [Rituals] by Kelley Armstrong - Another great wrap up!
  6. The Dark Calling [Arcana] by Kresley Cole - I'm really interested in how this is going to wrap up in the next and final book!
ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 11/17/2019 8:11 AM ET

I finished Women's World by Jenna Glass.  Fantasy YA. Okay but need to speed up a bit

jemedwards avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal10th Anniversary PBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 12/11/2019 1:39 PM ET

Thank you Melissa, I've enjoyed these challenges.  Your lists were unique and just up my alley in what I read.  I have also found new authors based upon other lists.

<sigh> Off to find out if I can find something similar in Goodreads or Librarything. 

Last Edited on: 12/11/19 1:48 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Page: