Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Paranormal

Topic: 2020 Paranormal Reading Challenge - Discussion only

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
leesie avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 5/26/2020 4:04 PM ET

oh no! I haven't read it yet...bummer.  That series was one of the ones that sucked me into paranormal...I wonder if she is having a hard time writing without her husband's input... 

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 8/20/2020 7:32 AM ET

I finished Dukes are Forevery by Bec McMaster. Love all her books. Nice paranormal with lots of romance tastefully thown in.

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/4/2020 8:01 PM ET

Red Sister by Mark Lawrence  3 stars out of 5. Very good and detailed world building. Mr Lawrence knew exactly how he wanted this fantasy world to operate. He did a good job explain the different areas of land, people cast, and abby. I thought parts of it really dragged, okay I thought lets move the story along. Loved all the poisoner lessons. I would hate to go that class. I felt that you girls would not be able to do as much as the story had them doing. They just wouldn't have the maturity. I think this we make a good netflix show. It maybe better visually then reading it.

leesie avatar
Date Posted: 9/5/2020 12:15 PM ET

Ooh. It would make a great netflix show Alice! I felt the same way. I have the next book on my shelf but haven't gotten around to it because of the slower parts. But it is excellent worldbuilding!!

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 9/5/2020 12:30 PM ET

I think it would be better a netflix show. There is a lot of desciption around weilding swoard or how to fight. That is better visually thank just reading about it.

Alice

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 9/18/2020 7:35 AM ET

I am really enjoying 

Flatline by SA Magnusson.  Great plot and action

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 11/2/2020 7:07 AM ET

I am behind on my Jennifer Estep Spider books

I am reading Unraveled by Jennifer Estep. It is book 15. I forgot how well written they are. I really enjoy this series.

Alice

leesie avatar
Date Posted: 11/18/2020 7:11 PM ET

man, I am SO BEHIND on the spider books. too many books to read! I am reading Emerald Blaze by Ilona Andrews. It is so good! Love Andrews books. 

Started the Tufa books - those are great! Really enjoying them as well. They marinated on my shelves for a few years, about time to read them. Of course I think i only have books 1-3, darn it.  Books begat books...such problems I have...  :)

vampsteph avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 11/23/2020 7:33 AM ET

i am reading Estep's "A Crown of Shards" series. First book was really good. I love her writing style. Have the next two in the triology on my shelf!! 

eclecticfirefly avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 12/20/2020 11:21 AM ET

OK folks - I"m working on the new PnR Challenge.  If anyone has suggestions for what to name the categories - chime in!  I'm considering using Movie titles....but not sure.  Gonna rack my DD's brain.  She can come up with movies all day long.

Example:

An American Werewolf in London - wolf shifter

Anna and the Apocalypse - zombies

Hunger Games - dystopian

eclecticfirefly avatar
Date Posted: 12/20/2020 4:40 PM ET

Thanks for the ideas!  I think I've got it......

eclecticfirefly avatar
Date Posted: 12/20/2020 8:31 PM ET

2021 Paranormal Reading Challenge

Page: