Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Mystery & Thrillers

Topic: 2021 Cozy Mystery Challenge Discussion Topic

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
keepmelaffn avatar
Date Posted: 11/19/2021 5:17 PM ET

Thank you Alice!

You rock!

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 11/20/2021 9:04 AM ET

Here is our 2022 challenge you can sign up now. This is just for fun and see how many cozies you can read and other's can get ideas too

2022 Cozy Mystery  Reading challenge and Discuss topic

2022 Cozy Mystery player List topic

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 11/28/2021 5:11 PM ET

I am reading Thread the Halls by Lea Wait. Love this whole series set in Maine. Great story and characters. Ms. Wait captured Maine very well. Unfortunately she died a couple of years ago. 

keepmelaffn avatar
Date Posted: 11/28/2021 5:25 PM ET

Thank you Alice for another year of reading challenges! I get so many leads for new series to check out.

I read Thread The Halls a week ago and really liked it. Good series! I'm sorry to hear of Ms. Wait's passing.

Have you read Mary Mark's quilting mystery series? I read them all and am bummed that there will be no more.

Bama-Booklover avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 12/3/2021 9:46 AM ET

Thank you Alice for devoting your time to this challenge each year.  I'm signed up for 2022 but still reading for 2021.

MartieKr avatar
Date Posted: 12/7/2021 7:54 AM ET

I just finished Rising Water the start of a new Tai Chi mystery series by Joanna Campbell Slan. It features a 59-year old woman whose husband accepted a job in Washington, DC without consulting her. To relieve the stress of the move, she joins a tai chi class and her and a newly made friend in class discover a body in the bathroom.  

I liked the realism of the situations portrayed and it took a while to figure out the culprit. Looking forward to reading the next in the series.

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 12/11/2021 7:41 AM ET

I am reading 

I am reading Murder at Hartigan House by Lee Strauss and quite enjoying it.  I read Murder on S.S. Rosa and like that one too. I really like the butler Higgins. Kind gentle man.  

I see she has written several other series. Has anyone read them.

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 12/21/2021 7:08 AM ET

I am reading a very good cozy right now, Checked Out for Murder by Allison Brook. It is very well written, strong characters, good new characters introduced in this book. Book 4 in series. I might need to buy book 5.

MartieKr avatar
Date Posted: 12/21/2021 7:42 AM ET

I've read all the Ginger Gold mysteries through Kindle Unlimited and like the way the stories progress.  I've also read the Higgins & Hawke series. It takes place in the 1930s. The main character is Assistant Medical Examiner in Boston and works with a female investigative reporter to solve murders.  Both are strong, independent women and the stories are well written. I have the latest one on my Kindle and will be reading it shortly.

keepmelaffn avatar
Date Posted: 12/30/2021 11:38 PM ET

It's been a pleasure reading along side of you all this year!

I would periodically come in and scan your lists finding some cozies that sounded good and now I'm enjoying the writings of many new-to-me authors. Thank you for unknowingly recommending them to me!

I've signed on for the 2022 challenge. Hope to see everyone in the new year.

Read cozy!

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 12/31/2021 6:44 AM ET

Sandy glad you enjoyed the challenge this year

Page: