- "ACES WILD" by Sarah McCarthy (A++++) When you gamble with desire, be prepared to risk everything…Unlike the rest of the Hell's Eight brotherhood, Ace Parker's home isn't on the range. This restless cowboy craves the hustle of Simple, Texas, a lawless town where he can sate his darker appetites without guilt. At least he did, until Petunia Wayfield arrived. The prickly new teacher is insisting that Ace help her rid the town of drunkenness and card playing. For that kind of miracle, Ace demands a reward the spinster schoolmarm will surely never give. But Petunia isn't backing down. Not when the intense passion Ace offers shatters her to the core. As soon as she can afford a ticket home back east, she'll leave Simple behind for good. Until then, she'll match his sensual challenge with her own, daring him to give up his fiercely guarded self-control. And then real danger claims Petunia, forcing Ace to reveal the man he really is - even if it drives her away forever.
- "MORE THAN WORDS" (A++++) "The Greatest Gift" by Diana Palmer "Shelternet" by Jan Richardson and Kathryn Babcock "Close Call" by Carla Neggers "Quilts from Caring Hands" by June Nielsen "Hanging by a Thread" by Emilie Richards "Memory Box Artist Program" by Tera Leigh "Small Packages" by Brenda Novak "The Motheread/Fatheread Literacy Program" by Dena Wortzel "Built to Last" by Susan Mallery
- "A COLD CREEK HOMECOMING" (A++++) by Raeanne Thayne (Cowboys of Cold Creek #5) (A++++) She was the last person he ever expected to see. Fifteen years later, Quinn Southerland still hadn't forgiven Tess Claybourne for treating him like the dirt beneath her boots. But the widowed nurse tending his ailing mother was a world away from the spoiled homecoming queen Quinn had known. Yet she was just as achingly beautiful, still arousing the old bittersweet longing for something he could never have. Or could he? That fierce attraction still burned between them. This could be their second chance...if they let love lead them where their hearts longed to go.
- "NO HOLDING BACK" by Lori Foster (Makenzies of Ridge Trail #1) (A++++) Not needing him won’t stop her from wanting him…Trucker Sterling (Star) Parson is no stranger to the challenges a woman faces, both in her industry and in life. But she can take care of herself. She’s never needed - or wanted - a man around...until she meets Cade McKenzie. The take-charge bar owner sets off all kinds of alarm bells for Sterling, but he also sets her heart racing. Cade’s lived in Ridge Trail long enough to know trouble when he sees it, and the moment Sterling - Star - walks into his bar, he knows trouble’s come to call. Secrets run deep in the small town and Cade can tell Star’s got as many as he does, leaving him itching to uncover every last one. But finding common ground will mean trusting one another, further feeding an intense attraction that’s growing impossible to resist.
- "WHISPERING RIVER" (Virgin River #3) by Robyn Carr (A+++++) Virgin River became a safe haven for Sacramento prosecutor Brie Sheridan after she nearly lost her life at the hands of a crazed criminal. Though tough and courageous, she has some fears she can't escape. LAPD officer Mike Valenzuela was badly wounded in the line of duty. When he agrees to become Virgin River's first cop, he does so knowing it's time he settled down. Twice divorced and the lover of too many women, he secretly longs for the kind of commitment and happiness his marine buddies have found - a woman who can tie up his heart forever. Mike will do anything to help Brie free herself from painful memories. Passionate, strong and gentle, he vows to give back to her what she's so selflessly given him--her heart, and with it, a new beginning.
CURRENTLY READING -
- "Gastien: From Dream to Destiny" (Gastien #2) by Caddie Rowland (reading on a Kindle app on my computer)
- "Seven Stones to Stand or Fall" by Diana Gabaldon
- "A Passion in the Blood" by Arabella Seymour
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO -
- "Dark in Death" (In Death #46) by J.D. Rob (listening to on an Audible app on my phone)
- "Ireland" by Frank Delaney (audio CD)
UNPOSTABLE BOOKS - Link
BOOKS I'VE READ IN 2020 - Link
BOOKS I'VE READ IN 2019 - Link
BOOKS I'VE READ IN 2018 - Link
BOOKS I'VE READ IN 2017 - Link
BOOKS I'VE READ IN 2016 - Link
Last Edited on: 5/28/21 12:08 PM ET - Total times edited: 5