Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: AGAIN?????

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: AGAIN?????
Date Posted: 4/9/2022 4:58 PM ET

This week I got an offer for a most-wanted WL book that I have been wanting for over 3 years, only to be offered an Advanced Reader copy!  She PM'd me to ask if I still wanted it........I tried to kindly tell her those were not postable on PBS and she would need to cancel the order so I wouldn't lose my place in the WL line--she has ghosted me!   So today I sent PBS staff a PM relating the erroneous offer.....I hope on Monday they will let her know and give her a hand-slap! 

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 4/13/2022 9:03 AM ET

PBS cancelled the order on my behalf and  messaged the member about the NO ARC rule.  She never replied to my PM. 

MrsGrim88 avatar
Limited Member medalMember of the Month medal
Date Posted: 4/13/2022 2:31 PM ET

Rude.

MAN, that's annoying. I mean, first you're like, "Wooo HOOO! WISH-list!" Then comes the "ARC" part and when you're nice enough to explain what's considered fair and right around here, they treat you like YOU'RE the @$$hole. I'm sorry, Jeanne. That really sucks.

lionrose avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 4/13/2022 6:13 PM ET

On the positive side at least she asked first. Still annoying but it could have been a RWAP & a rude 'that was what was sent to me' response.