Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: **** APRIL WISHES (things you're hoping for) ****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: **** APRIL WISHES (things you're hoping for) ****
Date Posted: 3/31/2022 9:35 PM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted, etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards, or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as cancelled stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits.  Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish.  You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

Last Edited on: 4/2/22 2:58 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 4/1/2022 10:37 AM ET

Happy April.

Happy mail is always appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Last Edited on: 4/2/22 6:29 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/1/2022 12:32 PM ET

Happy April! 

First and always, prayers for a kind and permanent end to Covid. Prayers and thanks to all workers during this time! Extra hug to all along with prayers of peace to each of you always. 

I would appreciate some glitter free assorted Happy Birthday Greeting Cards and postcards. I would prefer any message (such as the words Happy Birthday) on the front of the card to be in a bright color. 

Two Sticker Wishes:  Glitter and Sparkle Free please:  Multi colored Medium Size (think a quarter or  bigger) hearts and more Multi Color medium sized Capital alphabet letters. I do not need lower case. 

I do respectfully request any item sent to me to come from a non smoking home. 

Thank you and God Bless You. 

Last Edited on: 4/8/22 10:22 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/1/2022 6:28 PM ET

April wishes:any kind of lace trim[any color or length]ink pads[any color]postcards[new or used]

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 4/2/2022 11:00 AM ET

Wishing for coupons for Wendy's.

Last Edited on: 4/8/22 11:23 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
catlingmex avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 4/2/2022 12:13 PM ET

I am in need of a large refrigerator magnet that says "Meatless Friday" or something similar, to stick on our fridge every Thursday night to remind us the next day. Store bought or hand made welcome! Granted! Thank you, Connie B.

Last Edited on: 4/19/22 7:09 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
jacci-jerri avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/2/2022 6:44 PM ET

Wishing for paper napkins of any design but a spring or summery type would be great.  :) Wish granted.  Ty!

Last Edited on: 4/20/22 3:44 PM ET - Total times edited: 4
goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 4/2/2022 7:25 PM ET

I have a package of 10 (may be more) navy blue velveteen pen sheaths.  You slide a pen inside to "dress it up" to pass on.  

Anyone have a use for these?  All to one person please.  

Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread but they've been requested! 

Last Edited on: 4/3/22 8:38 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 4/2/2022 8:24 PM ET

Continued prayers for our country, those in the war zone and those who are struggling in everyday life.

I am looking for ladybug or bumblebee ty beanie babies (regular size or the mini size) for my SIL who plans to use them in her classroom with her students.

libbylee1 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 4/3/2022 11:28 AM ET

I am planning to try to make Brush Bots with my students. If anyone has any of the supplies that I can use for them it would be helpful.  Corks, eyes, craft foam scraps, unused scrub brushes, battery holder for 2 AA batteries, wire strippers, 3-volt DC motor, electrical tape, duct tape, AA batteries.  I will be doing this with my 5th graders only and need enough for 150 kids.  I will be buying the supplies myself, so any donations are appreciated.  The picture on the cover of this book is what we are planning to try!  It doesn't matter what color they are.
Amazing Makerspace Basic Machines

Last Edited on: 4/3/22 11:29 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
MelissaLB avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Playing Cards
Date Posted: 4/4/2022 7:45 AM ET

Hello!  I'm looking for random loose playing cards to create unique "frankin' decks" with my nephew.  Any old playings cards you no longer need we would put to good use.  We are looking for cards with different backs, no plain blue, red or black bicycle decks please.

Also, if you have any loose tarot or oracle cards you no longer need, I would love them for a journaling project I'm working on all year.

Thank you for your help!

conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/5/2022 6:05 PM ET

My wishes are:

1. Any Hallmark movie on DVD you no longer want or anything similar

3. Novelty paperclips or thumbtacks

4. Anything Wonder Woman

5. Lip Smacker lip balm-any flavor but mint

6. Coupons-any you have extra of or if you need a list I can provide you one

Thanks for reading...who knows I might be able to help you out with your unique or odd wishes. :)

Last Edited on: 4/8/22 6:57 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 4/6/2022 10:46 AM ET

wish granted! 

Last Edited on: 4/6/22 11:12 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Darlin-D avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 4/8/2022 9:58 AM ET

I would like any small hotel/travel size toiletries. Bar soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc. I use these to put in our local ‘blessing boxes’ for the homeless & underprivileged. Even if you have empty or partially used mini bottles I can clean & refill them.

Also, socks are a huge need so any new or like new socks would be welcomed.

Last Edited on: 4/13/22 6:15 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
adopteesministry avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/12/2022 4:30 PM ET

blush Seeking Vintage 1800's, early 1900's card board Studio photographs or photos with women, men, kids, families, weddings vintage clothes, high top shoes, etc.

smileyTiny flower or other tiny cute appliques ,  AND/OR cutout flowers or shapes from laced material or laced tablecloths, etc.

smiley Do you have any Vintage Embroidered Cloth dish towels, cloth hankies or napkins, pillowcases or tablecloths items that are damaged, stained or ripped or not something you want to save BUT the small embroidered parts could be salvaged and sewn into another craft pieces. "  Shapes, Objects, Animals,  Words, Letters, Monograms CUT  from old cloth napkins, vintage dish cloths, table cloths, pillowcases- don't throw them out just because part of cloth item is stained, ripped,  I would love to recycle the embroidered work into crafts pieces. So cut them out and save for me-  ( If you cut them out- leave some small border around embroidered item so I can fuse them and tuck edges underneath. THANK YOU

smileyPrimary Color small flat plastic Buttons- Bold Colors of Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink,  Or Baby Buttons with cute images painted on

starvinArtist avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 4/13/2022 1:17 PM ET

I am looking for a 2021 National Mah Jongg League mah jongg card.

2021 National Mah Jongg League Official Standard Hands ...

Everyone is now using the 2022 and throw out last years

I have two 2021 and would like to get 2 more so 4 of us can play together.  Right now only 2 of us can play.

Thanks

Last Edited on: 4/13/22 1:18 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Misty7850 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Hoping to have cards sent to my brother
Date Posted: 4/19/2022 8:48 PM ET

I would like to say Thank You to everyone that sent cards & letters to my brother Raymond Snyder. He passed away at 3:30am. Today

"My brother was recently diagnosed with alzheimers and is pretty depressed. He loves to receive cards & letters."

Last Edited on: 4/25/22 11:29 AM ET - Total times edited: 2