Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: **** AUGUST RAOKs (things you're offering) ****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: **** AUGUST RAOKs (things you're offering) ****
Date Posted: 7/31/2021 7:16 PM ET

Welcome to the Random Acts of Kindness thread, also known as the RAOK place. This is where we post things to give away to others, asking NOTHING in return but a thank you. No money or credits are exchanged. We give freely, at our own expense. If you see something you’d like, PM the member with your mailing info. If you are the one mailing, please be sure to put full postage on any packages you send. Members have reported receiving "gifts" with postage due.  Remember this is a PUBLIC forum, meaning anyone (not just members) can see what is posted here.  Please do not post last names, addresses, or postal tracking numbers here, in order to protect the privacy of our participants.

Please note that we must abide by PBS rules - NO buying, selling or advertising allowed.

For liability reasons, we are sorry, but no medications of any kind may be posted in this forum. This includes prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and supplements.

RAOK rules -
You may not ask for anything in return for the things you post here. Please do not ask for postage, or to swap or trade.
If you ask for a RAOK posted by another member, please do not offer to pay or give something in return. This is not allowed and defeats the purpose of the Random Act of Kindness.  Try to pay it forward and perhaps grant some wishes in the ***I Wish*** thread.
We ask that you do not reply within the thread. We are different from most forums in this way. When we go to ***I Wish***, we see wishes; in ***RAOK***, we see just what’s being given away. If you have a question about it, simply PM the member. All RAOKs should be handled privately between members via PM.
Please do not post single use codes - such as Coke codes - in this forum. Post that you have them and let members PM you for them. It saves all the replies within the thread (see above). You may start a separate thread if you want to post them that way. Or check the ***I Wish*** thread and simply grant a Coke code wish or two. Codes that can be used over and over again are perfectly fine to post here in RAOK.
Please do not ask someone for ‘everything on your list’ (yes, it’s been done), so that others can have a chance.
One of our most important rules is that you must acknowledge receipt of the things sent to you! This is our biggest problem. People take the time to post, wrap, and mail, and then never know if the package arrived. Please say thanks for what you receive, either by PM or in the ***Thank You*** thread. It’s the polite thing to do, and we all worry about our mail getting through. Those who don't acknowledge a kindness will often find their future requests ignored.
Please include your nickname when you mail out a RAOK. This makes you easier to find and thank.
Be sure to check your listing and edit as needed, so people are not disappointed. We know that life gets in the way and computers crash, but please try.
Credit transactions should take place in the Book Bazaar or by private PM.  Credits may not be offered as gifts anywhere in RAOK.

RAOK Tips -
Think carefully about what you want to give away before you post. Postage costs these days can be terrible for over-sized or heavy items that cannot go by media mail. We have all been shocked by the postage for something we mailed here; it happens often. Think first! This is a fun place, but you don’t need to empty your wallet by taking part. It’s wonderful to do something nice for others, but be kind to yourself too.

Before you post something to give away, check the ***I Wish*** thread --- someone may already be asking for it!

If you mark "taken" by your items that have been asked for, please put the word TAKEN in another color by that item, so it's easily apparent to our members that something is no longer available. This avoids disappointments and keeps you from getting more requests for an item that has already been claimed.  Or, just edit your post to delete that item.

Random drawings:  If you wish to sponsor a random drawing for an item you are offering, please, before you post your offer, PM the current RAOK manager with the winning number (between 1 and 25).  The manager will post a table with the numbers 1 through 25.  Then post your offer, including the information that people interested in participating in the drawing should choose a number between 1 and 25 and PM that number to the thread manager.  The manager will enter participants' names into the table, so that subsequent participants will know which numbers are still available.  When no more numbers have been requested for 24 hours, the drawing will be closed and the winner announced.

If one of us contacts you about changing your post, please understand that we have to follow PBS rules and guidelines. Often we have to ask someone to change or delete a post because of that. New things come up here all the time. If something is not appropriate, we will tell you so, and ask you to change it. Remember that the PBS team does oversee the forums. They edit posts and have been known to suspend accounts. We hate to have that happen to our fellow RAOKers when we can take care of problems ourselves.

RAOK reminders for people requesting something that is offered here -
The people offering RAOKs are doing it out of kindness and generosity, often despite limited means.  Please make your requests for those items in the same spirit, and do not ask for anything that was not explicitly offered.  The people posting RAOKs are offering just what they have, and we appreciate them for doing so.  A request for substitutions is not in keeping with the intention of this thread.  If you would accept only a particular color, size, flavor, or other quality of an offered item, then please use the monthly ***I Wish*** thread to ask for the specific item there instead.

Reminder about the use of Media Mail
Per the USPS website, here are the things that can be sent by Media Mail:  books, CDs, DVD, manuscripts for books or music, play scripts, computer-readable media for any of the preceding, cellluloid film of 16mm width or less, printed test materials and their accessories, printed educational reference charts, medical information in the form of loose-leaf pages in a binder.   Anything else, even if printed (such as message pads, stickynotes, notebooks without an ISBN, etc) must go by some other class of mail.

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me and ask. We are always happy to be of help to members of the RAOK forum, new or old. Thanks for participating in this great part of PBS!  Enjoy!

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 7/31/2021 9:24 PM ET

1 sample of La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Moisturizer and a $2 coupon

2 Natrol Sleep+ Coupons

2 Natrol Cognium Coupons

2 Any Product Natrol Coupons

5 travel-lite makeup remover wipes

6 packages of unlined stationary and matching envelopes (1 pack or 2 to a person please)  The designs are varied.  TAKEN

4 Color Street nails

Last Edited on: 8/22/21 8:50 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2021 7:18 AM ET

Happy August ! Hope it's a good month for everyone.

I can make address labels for a few people this month. PM me your address and what type clip art you'd like or if you want it to be a surprise.

2 people can order 2 books off my bookshelf. Give a 3rd choice just in case.

Have one pair of fingerless knitted gloves-taken

One pair pearl looking loop earrings (pierced)

Last Edited on: 8/19/21 6:51 AM ET - Total times edited: 3
Zooie avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2021 7:59 AM ET

ALL TAKEN Thanks!

I have two lightly-used decks to re-home this month:

• TAKEN The Commonplace Tarot by Nell Latimer -  This deck was funded on Kickstarter.  It is illustrated with black and white linocuts.  There is no guidebook (you can explore card meanings on the deck website), and it comes in a tuck box.  It has large borders, so it may be a good one to take if you want to practice modding.

• TAKEN Green Witch Tarot by Ann Moura - This deck was published by Llewellyn.  It comes in a magnetic closure box and has a full-sized guidebook.

As always, please feel free to request a deck even if I have already sent you any.

Last Edited on: 8/8/21 2:59 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2021 2:06 PM ET

I will post offerings when I return from vacation. 

Last Edited on: 8/26/21 6:20 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2021 4:36 PM ET

Taken-

Last Edited on: 8/30/21 4:18 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
jacci-jerri avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/2/2021 12:42 AM ET

I ordered a laminated bookmark with bumblebees and flowers on it.  Very summery. I got two of them.  Would someone like one?  Taken

Last Edited on: 8/15/21 6:00 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/2/2021 2:06 PM ET

TAKEN!!

Thank you!

I am offering up a kit for an Embroidery Clock, that I received as a gift a zillion years ago, but never completed.  The canvas embroidery has been started.

The wooden box parts of the clock are long lost. As are the mechanical clock parts.  So, it's just the embroidery parts, the canvas, the threads, the hoop and the instrutions that are being offered today.

I would love for someone to complete this project and maybe even make a clock.  It just won't be me.

Any interest in completing this project, please just zing me a pm.  I would LOVE that!!

Thanks!!

Last Edited on: 8/2/21 3:27 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 8/2/2021 2:48 PM ET

Last Edited on: 9/5/21 12:51 PM ET - Total times edited: 5
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/2/2021 3:12 PM ET

Backpacks, insulated to keep contents cold.  Grey.  New.  6 4 3 2 one left 

Certain Dri prescription strength antiperspirant, packets with one pad each.  Multiple available.

Used colored pencils.  Multiple available.  Blue, brown, green, orange, peach, pink, red, white, yellow.

Control Corrective skincare sample packets: Stem Cell Firming Moisturizer, Ceramide Daily Cream.

Carnation Breakfast Essentials nutritional drink mix packets.  Probiotic in Milk Chocolate flavors. 

Multiples of the following coupons:

• Aleve $2  12/31/21
  • Aveeno baby product $2  2/1/22
  • Band-Aid (tough strips, flexible fabric, hydro seal, skin flex, water block, infection defense, or decorated) $1  10/1/21
  • Bayer Aspirin 24+ count $1  6/1/22
  • Claritin Children's $3  12/31/21
  • Culturelle kids probiotic $5  6/1/22
  • Desitin $2  2/1/22
  • FDgard $3  2/3/22
  • Fiber Choice $3  2/3/22
  • IBgard $3  2/3/22
  • Johnson's baby product $1  2/1/22
  • KY lubricant or moisturizer $2  10/15/22
  • Miralax $5  3/31/22
  • Monistat 12/31/21: 1 or 3 day $5, 7 day $3  
  • Motrin: $2  12/31/21; pediatric $1.50  3/1/22
  • Mucinex $2  12/31/21
  • Mylicon children's Tummy Relief $1 12/30/22
  • Mylicon infant gas relief  $2  3/31/23
  • One A Day $3  6/30/22
  • Rhinocort $4  8/31/21
  • Tylenol (regular, extra strength, or 8 hour) $2  12/31/21
  • Tylenol $1.50: pediatric 3/1/22, Dissolve Pack 3/1/23
  • Zarbee's Naturals Baby 3/31/22: Calmng product $1, vitamins $1  
  • Zarbee's Naturals cough syrup 12/31/22:  baby or children's $1, multi-benefit children's $1   
  • Zarbee's Naturals Sleep melatonin 4/30/22: Children's tablets/liquid/gummies $1, Adult gummies or Children's gummies/tablets  $2.50/2  
  • Zyrtec $4: adult 8/2021, pediatric 10/1/21

Last Edited on: 8/19/21 11:22 AM ET - Total times edited: 4
conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/2/2021 5:26 PM ET

Hi...did a touch of cleaning..here's what I have to give away:

1. One set of 3 new bookmarks(mystery).

2. Can make one person a personalized baby card,magnet or gift tag for someone having a baby.:)

4. One new Harley Davidson flat truck sticker.

5. One coupon for Yankee Candle 50% off one regular priced item good from Aug 2-27.

6. A set of one greeting card and notepad papers that you can color.

7. One recipe card for San Francisco chops

8. One page of several rhubarb recipes

9. One new iron patch of a hamburger.

Please include address in your pm. Will send items when I can due to the weather and free time. Thanks.:)

Last Edited on: 8/30/21 10:32 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/2/2021 6:21 PM ET

Happy mail postcard to 2 people. PM me :)

tommygirl avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 8/3/2021 11:47 AM ET

Last Edited on: 9/2/21 8:43 AM ET - Total times edited: 11
BostonBooks avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Kids fun day 8/4/21
Date Posted: 8/4/2021 1:10 PM ET

Let's have a little fun with the little ones. Doing some of these with the girls and we decided to share for the month of August. 

Yanairis (age 7) wanted to add two more to the list. And she wanted everyone to know that her mama' (me) taught her to jump rope and she is up to 7 count's.

Morer August fun: 8/28/21

Edible Peanut Butter Activity Dough – If no allergies.

10-oz. Jar of Peanut Butter (about 1¼ Cup)

2 Cups of Powdered Sugar

1/3 Cup of Pancake Syrup

Mixing Bowl

Easy Step-by-Step Directions:

1. Mix together the three ingredients in a bowl.

2. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more powdered sugar to the mix. If the dough crumbles too easily, add a little extra syrup. You should be able to form shapes with the dough.

3. Play, eat, and enjoy!

Single Serving Mug Cake.

Mug

Fork

¾-Cup Cake Mix

2T Water

1T Oil

1 Egg White

1. Put the oil in the mug and swirl around the sides, or spray with cooking spray before adding the oil.

2. Beat in the egg white and water.

3. Add cake mix and stir until blended.

4. Microwave 2½ minutes at 50% power. Microwave wattages vary, so be careful not to over-microwave — cake will spring back if touched when it is ready.

5. Enjoy as is or top with frosting.

Fun Tips:

You can always keep a can of yummy frosting on hand to frost your mug cake, but think about topping it with fresh fruit and your favorite whipped topping, ice cream, sundae toppings, jam, or pie filling.

DIY Flashlight Fireworks.

Construction Paper

Hole Puncher

Rubber Bands

Scissors

Flashlight

1. Gather your supplies

2. Use scissors to cut a circle from the construction paper, about 2 inches larger than the circumference of the flashlight

3. Use a hole puncher to make holes through your paper, make different size holes.

4. Hold your hole-punched paper circle to the light end of your flash light, and secure it in place with a rubber band.

5. Turn off the lights or head outdoors when the sun goes down. Switch on your flashlight and watch your punched-out pattern shine on your path ahead!

Animal/Critter Sensory Bin Supplies:

3-4 Bags of Crinkle Cut Shredded Paper

5-8 Plastic Animals/Critters

Large Plastic Storage or the size you like.

Lay several bags of crinkle cut shredded paper into the bottom of the bin and added several plastic critters plastic ocean animals, farm animals, dinosaurs, these would also make great themes for an animal/critter activity bin.

You can chose brown and beige crinkle paper based on the critters, but you could use blue paper for ocean animals, green paper for farm animals and green and brown paper for dinosaurs.

Prior to bringing out this activity bin for the child to play with, hide all the critters underneath the crinkle paper. They have to find all of the critters and then they continue to hide and to find the critters in the crinkle paper. When it’s time to clean up, Place everything back in the bin and put the lid on.

8/4/21

1. Snack Necklaces

Here’s What You’ll Need:

Snacks to Use in Place of Beads (Any food with a hole works, such as cereal, pretzels, candies, and cookies.)

Serving Bowls

Cotton Twine

Pour snacks into bowls.

Cut cotton twine into lengths long enough to fit easily around each child’s head once snacks are added, about 28-34 inches.

Let the kids string the snack “beads” of their choosing on the twine.

Tie the ends of the twine together to form the necklace and have each child carefully put it around their neck.

Pop in a movie and let snacktime begin!

Fun Tips:

String the first “bead”, then tie in place about 6-10 inches from the end. This will help kids keep the rest of their masterpiece on the string and not on the floor.

Older children that can use a needle with supervision can add soft treats like gummy candies, dried fruit, or marshmallows.

Tired of the bowl of snacks that ends up being dumped “accidentally” on the floorboards of the car on long trips? Make a few snack necklaces in the days leading up to your trip so you’ll be ready for when the munchies hit.

2. Indoor Snow

Here’s What You’ll Need:

½ Can of shaving cream

1 Box of Bakin soda

Mixingbowl

Step-by-Step Directions:

Empty the contents of the entire box of baking soda into a mixing bowl.

Slowly stir in up to half of the can of shaving cream.

Store fake snow in the fridge to make it cold, just like the real thing!

*Do not eat Indoor Snow. Adult supervision is required.

Fun Tips:

Add glitter to make the snow sparkle!

3. Cereal Bird Feeder

Chenille Stems

“O” Shaped Cereal

String cereal almost the full length of the chenille stem, leaving just about ½" on both ends.

Twist the ends of the chenille stem together to make a loop. Shape into a different shape if you wish.

Repeat for as long as you want — make chains of circles, hearts, stars, whatever!

Find a protected area (that you can easily see from a window) to hang your bird feeders.

4. Suncatchers

White Glue

Food Coloring

Plastic Lids (like from tubs of Cream Cheese or Sour Cream)

Toothpick

Protect the surface of your table with a plastic tablecloth or paper.

Fill a plastic lid with white glue.

Drip 2-3 drops of food coloring in the glue. Don’t use a lot, the color spreads as the glue dries.

Drag the toothpick through the blobs of color.

Let sit for a few days. Drying times can vary based on temperature and humidity. For speedier drying, we left ours under a heat vent! The glue will begin to peel away from the lid when it is dry.

Punch or cut a hole in the sun catcher and hang in a sunny window!

Optional: Trim the edges of the sun catcher or cut into a fun shape!

5. Water balloon piñata

Water Balloons

Twine/String

Plastic Bat

Gather your supplies.

Use a hose or sink faucet to fill up your water balloons. Once filled, tie the opening of each balloon secure with a knot.

Tie a strand of twine to the knot of each balloon, then tie the other end of the twine to a tree branch. Arrange your balloons at varying heights for an added challenge!

Allow your children to take turns swinging at the balloons with a plastic bat and watch them make a splash!

6. Make Your Own Moon Sand in 3 Simple Steps

Here's What You'll Need:

4 Cups White Flour

½ Cup Canola Oil

Food Dye

Bowls (One Per Color)

Large Container or Cake Pan

Optional: Plastic Sand Molds and Toys

In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and canola oil using your hands.

Separate the moon sand into different bowls. Add a few drops of food dye to each bowl, one color per bowl, to achieve your desired colors

Then, add all of the sand into a large container or cake pan.

Add in plastic sand molds, toy trucks, cars, shovels, and more for an afternoon of fun!

Last Edited on: 8/28/21 4:30 PM ET - Total times edited: 5
rebeccam avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 8/6/2021 3:31 PM ET

UPDATED LIST:

I have a monthly Desk Calendar from July 2021-December 2022 (about the size of a sheet of paper and as thick as a pencil eraser)

I can order TWO new subscriptions to Family Handyman for 7 issues published over a year.

I can order a year of TV Guide Magazine for someone. Taken

PM me if intersted with full mailing details even if you think I have it.

This month I can order a new subscription to Better Homes & Gardens magazine for one member.

I can also order a new subscription to Do It Yourself magazine for one member. Taken

PM me your full mailing details if interested in either.

Last Edited on: 8/25/21 12:35 PM ET - Total times edited: 6
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/7/2021 6:35 AM ET

Boston, those fun craft ideas are great!!  Thank you and Yanairis for posting them.

libbylee1 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/8/2021 9:17 AM ET

TAKEN: Moving Comfort sports bra 40D. Blue. 

Last Edited on: 8/8/21 11:39 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 8/8/2021 1:31 PM ET

Information:  If you have requested an item from me, I'll be late sending things out.  Family death and illness plus neither cell phone works.  Verizon service is for the pits - almost two weeks now.  Took more than a week to contact Tech services!

Last Edited on: 8/8/21 1:33 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
catlingmex avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/9/2021 8:18 AM ET
  • a 2022 wall calendar put out by the UA Olympic & Paralympiec Foundation. Each month has the photo and quote by two athletes.TAKEN
  •  
  • a 2020 wall calendar from the Mount Vernon Ladies' Association. Each month shows a view of one of the buildings, rooms, or furnishigs of George Washington´s home. On many of the ¨day¨squares there are short blurbs about something that Washington did on that day.TAKEN
  •  
  • several (4-6) blank notecards, approx 4"x5.5", with envelopes. Choose one theme or a mix of more than one: dogs, houseplants/foliage, US flag, cactus/succulent,or random other.
  •  
  • Two brand new OWL PRINT women´s scrub tops in size SMALL. One has a dark blue background with multicolor owls (Zoe&Chloe brand); the other has a white background and multicolor owls (Cherokee brand). 
  •  
  • Two brand new THANKSGIVING PRINT women´s scrub tops in size SMALL. Once has a brown background with turkeys, pumpkins, and woodland animals (Cherokee brand). The second has a white background and brown, orange, and red woodland animals wearing headbands with feathers (Dickies brand).

Last Edited on: 8/10/21 8:43 AM ET - Total times edited: 4
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Bookmarks, fridge magnets, postcard-type for romance novels
Date Posted: 8/9/2021 4:18 PM ET

Bookmarks - will send several in an envelope 

Fridge magnets - thin, with romance cover from Lady Rogue by Theresa Romain, The Marquis and I by Julia Quinn, and Jaylee Austin couple against a sunset

Postcard-size advertisement for romance novels, I don't know if you'd count them as postcards or large bookmarks

Booklets:

Kathy Lyons - The Time (complete short story)

Jami Golds - Chapter 1 only - Treasured Claim

Kelle Z Riley - Chapter 1 only - Shaken, Not Purred, The Tiger's Tale, The Cupcake Caper

PM me with your address.

Last Edited on: 8/10/21 1:31 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
bklyn avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/9/2021 6:02 PM ET

TAKEN

Last Edited on: 8/11/21 4:56 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
catlingmex avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/10/2021 8:44 AM ET

Updated my post above with SCRUB TOPS IN SIZE SMALL.

daisymau avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/10/2021 11:14 AM ET

I have two of these https://www.herrschners.com/product/red+heart%26%23174-+fur%26%238482-+yarn.do?sortby=newArrivals&refType=&from=Search

I bought them to make balls for the cat and they didn't work. 

Taken

Last Edited on: 8/10/21 2:33 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
LarkspurJane avatar
Date Posted: 8/10/2021 4:28 PM ET

Last Edited on: 8/10/21 7:30 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/12/2021 7:28 AM ET

Added to post above

Page: